Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Can I play tennis in running shoes?

best athletic shoes with ankle support
 on High-top shoes, laced snuggly, will help support weak ankles.
best athletic shoes with ankle support image



Riley


I just started playing tennis in school this week and I need to get real athletic shoes- right now I only have Converse ha ha. I really like the running shoe styles and we will be doing a lot of conditioning. We'll run laps daily and do other cardio activities. But, we play on a hard court so are running shoes too weak to handle that? I think my feet are high-arched/supinated and my shoes wear most on the inner sole/back of my heel. I can only get one pair of shoes so could you recommend what would be best for tennis AND a lot of running?


Answer
No, i can't stress that enough. Running shoes and strictly tennis shoes support and soles are totally different. Running shoes don't have enough ankle support and the soles grip the court different. As a result if you try to play in running shoes you will roll your ankle a lot. I would recommend Prince T14, they offer great support, they're great shoes and very durable. www.tenniswarehouse.com has them on sale so i would check them out.

I'm going to start a couch to 5k program, and I am not athletic. Should I do some flexibility stuff first?




Genocide


Every time I try to do it, my left leg feels a little tight even after stretching.

How many stretches should I do every day, and what are they?
And are there only 3 main shin splint stretches I need to do?

Is the couch to 5k program safe enough for me if I currently don't have running shoes, and am Obese/Overweight? I am 5"7, somewhere from 200-224 pounds.



Answer
Just google some basic stretches. Touch your toes, butterfly, etc. In XC we usually just spend about 10-15 a day after a short warm up making sure we did a stretch for each major muscle group. [we'd start at rolling the neck, the usually arm circles, then stretch our sides and work down through our legs and ankles].

http://www.womensheart.org/content/Exercise/stretching_exercise.asp

Running shoes are simply for pleasure. They can help you can fast, and can give you more support. I would suggest them but they aren't technically necessary.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I play tennis in running shoes?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment