Thursday, December 19, 2013

How soon before a big walk should I buy and break in new shoes?

best walking shoes for 3 day
 on How to buy the best walking shoes | Fight Like a Girl! 3-Day Walk
best walking shoes for 3 day image



Princess


I am doing the Breast Cancer 3-Day and want to know how soon I should break my shoes in before the walk but I don't want to wear them out before the walk either.


Answer
Depends on how comfortable and how well the shoes fit to begin with. I would wear them for a few hours everyday for at least a week. Wear some thick socks for the 3-Day walk and always have band aides on hand just in case. Really nice that you are participating in such a worthwhile cause....thank you and have fun!

How to wear out/down shoes in 3 days?




Ally


I am going hiking in 3 days and I've just recently bought my hiking shoes and I haven't wore them yet. I need to wear them out before I hike so I don't get blisters. I know It was stupid of me to not wear them -.- (I have a pair of Hi-Tecs)


Answer
You would need to start walking around in them now and the problem with that is you would just get the blisters before you went on the hike. I suggest you bring what you need to deal with blisters with you on the hike and tape the tender parts prior to starting (which you should be familiar with from walking around in them now).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How soon before a big walk should I buy and break in new shoes?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment