Thursday, May 15, 2014

My boyfriend dresses terribly and I am not attracted anymore?




epsilon_th


I have been dating a wonderful man for almost 2 years. I love everything about him but something is getting in the way. I am 36 and still cute ,he is 42 and in great shape. I hate the way he dresses most of the time. He is stuck in the 80's, He wears Bill Cosby sweaters and stonewashed jeans.Even owns a leather Bugs Bunny jacket!! It makes me want to run and hide. It is embarassing. He has other clothes from Express and even Target that are contemporary and what people wear today. I don't know what to do. It is a hard thing to bring up because do not want to be mean to him, but he never gets my hint. Even when we go shopping together or I suggest cleaning closets. I want to be with him, but this is seriously effecting how attracted to him I am. I sometimes find myself in "friend mode". Please share.. and no offense, but no kids please. I am being serious about this. I would like to hear from those in adult aged relationships. I don't want to break up, but this is driving me away.
Thanks for the answers, there are many that have caused me to think. It is a good relationship...but not too much to ask for him to be a little current. As for him expressing personal style- he has no concept of that. He is functional. He is a guy: he needs to wear pants and a shirt, so he wears pants and a shirt. That's all there is to it. No other thought. I know I sounded snobbish and materialistic, but it is not like that. I have been given a lot to think about and I appreciate all the honest answers. Thanks, everyone. I will take it all to heart, really. It helps to hear from real people on this. Happy Thanksgiving.



Answer
I am 39, my wife is 30. She is young and cute (actress/model) I am older and average. Sounds similar. The hardest thing for me when it came to fashion was listening to her. I, too, was stuck in the 80's (not quite as bad, but still there) when it came to jeans, tshirts, and shoes. She wore me down but did let me know she loved me. She pointed out that most women know what looks good and that fashion changes (where I was not changing). The newer fashions were harder to accept for me (too macho I guess). however, she would point out things she liked and start changing my wardrobe one outfit at a time. Mostly though, she would point out how fashion changes. Just because you love him does not mean you should not rag on his rags. It is not a personal attack, just advice and preferances. He should not take it personally. let him know what you think about how he dresses ... if he does not relent, he has issues. Most men stick with what is comfortable to them, you have to make him comfortable with something new. I have gotten to the point that I can dress myself (LOL!) but I still run things by the wife from haircuts, to clothing combinations.
Get a few GQ and contenmporary magazines and start showing him how fashion is changing. I had a hard time getting into the loose clothing and untucked shirts and such, but now that I am comfortable with change, I have no issues with it.
The big thing is getting him comfortable with change ... it's likely not about his clothing but going with what is comfortable and "safe" for him. Haveing to think about fashion is threatening to many men.
Force him into an outfit you like ... then REALLY let him know you like it ... much like pavlovs dogs, he will come around through conditioning. thats my two cents :)

what was dwayne wades?




april9mia


Major accomplishments in the sport
Major accomplishments outside of the sport
Associated charities
Life struggles and hardships
and what History of the Sport Basketball



Answer
Wade has established an impressive list of accomplishments including the following:[11]

* NBA Champion: 2006
* NBA Finals MVP: 2006
* 3-time NBA All-Star: 2005, 2006, 2007
* 3-time All-NBA:

* Second Team: 2005, 2006
* Third Team: 2007

* All-Defense:

Second Team: 2005

* NBA All-Rookie Team: 2004
* NBA All-Star Skills Challenge Champion: 2006, 2007
* Bronze medal winner with team USA basketball at the 2004 Olympics in Athens, Greece.
* Bronze medal winner with team USA basketball at the 2006 FIBA World Championships.
* 2006 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year.

Wade is a devout Christian and chose the number 3 because it represents the Holy Trinity.[49] He tithes 10% of his salary to a church in Chicago.[4] Wade is married to his high school sweetheart Siohvaughn Funches, who was his first and only serious girlfriend. They currently reside in Pinecrest, Florida, and have two sons: Zaire Blessing Dwyane Wade (February 4, 2002) and Zion Malachi Airamis Wade (May 29, 2007).[2][50] The pair were able to maintain their relationship, despite Funches, who is a year older than Wade, leaving to enroll at Eastern Illinois University during Wade's senior year of high school.[2] In February 2002, the couple were married, and at the beginning of Wade's final year of college (Fall 2002), Funches transferred to Marquette.[2]

The Heat's 2005 NBA Playoff run and Wade's performances with Shaquille O'Neal hampered by injury, led to an explosion of media attention and rapid increase in Wade's popularity. During those playoffs, Wade's jersey became the top selling jersey in the league and remained so for nearly two years; he is currently number 2 in sales behind Kobe Bryant.[51] After the Heat's success and Wade's memorable performances during the 2006 NBA Playoffs, Wade was further elevated into the public's eye and has appeared on several talk shows, including Late Show with David Letterman and Live with Regis and Kelly.[52]

Wade has been featured in a number of magazine articles and publications. In 2005, he was featured on People magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People,[53] and in 2006 he was named the NBA's best dressed player by GQ Magazine.[54] In 2007, Esquire named him to their 4th annual Best Dressed Men in the World list for the second straight year.[55]

Wade has proven himself a popular endorser and has a number of endorsement deals with companies such as Gatorade, Sean John, T-Mobile, and Topps.[56] He has his own line of shoes with Converse named "The Wade" and T-Mobile released a series of Sidekick phones known as the D-Wade Edition.[57][58] His nicknames include D-Wade and Flash, which was given to him by Shaquille O'Neal who would sing, "He's the greatest in the Universe," in reference to the Queen song of the same name from the 1980 film Flash Gordon.

For the rest of your report, try WIkipedia!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: My boyfriend dresses terribly and I am not attracted anymore?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment