Monday, May 5, 2014

what is a good running shoe meant for runners and has ankle support?




BambinoRed


I currently run in high top basketball shoes because they're the only things that give me proper ankle support. I am wondering if there is some kind of ankle supporting running shoe? I need ankle support because I broke my ankle a few years back and without the support I cannot exercise as hard.


Answer
Basketball shoes provide lateral support. They protect your ankle by limiting any left to right motion. When running you really don't need that type of support. What you do need is a shoe that supports your foot (and therefore everything above it) based on how you run.

You need to get fitted at a specialty running store that can tell you what type of support you need (motion control, stability, or a neutral shoe). Once you know that you can pick out the proper shoe with the most cushioning, which will help protect your ankle from the stresses caused by running.

Then try to run on smooth, flat surfaces. Avoid trails, concrete sidewalks, and rough or crowned roads and take corners easy and you should be fine. You can wear a separate ankle sleeve which may help a tiny bit and you can also work on building up the muscles that support your ankle which will help a lot.

Running shoes for ankle support?




Liz


I love to run, but I haven't been able to since late July because I injured my ankle and it still hasn't healed.=( To make a long story short, I have been dealing with anorexia for 1+ year, and when I regained some of the weight I lost, I resumed running this past summer. I must have increased my duration and intensity too quickly because within two weeks, I began experiencing pain in my inner, left ankle. I ran on it about 4 or 5 times since, as I thought it had healed and was just stupid. I saw an orthopedist and had x-rays 6 weeks ago, but he couldn't see anything. I have a follow-up this Tuesday for x-rays and an MRI, if I still have the pain, which I do. I even feel pain at times when I am just sitting or lying down, and sometimes, I twirl my foot lightly or bend it up and down to relax the pain, and I can hear the bone kind of popping or cracking. I don't know what is wrong, but I am really worried because I feel like it is never going to heal and I will never run again.=( I am still underweight, and I exercise a lot on the elliptical and in other low-impact ways, so could that be contributing to it not healing?

Well, I was just wondering if any runners out there could please recommend some running shoes to me? I haven't bought new ones in years, and I think it is time. I know I can't run now, but I think it would still help my ankle for support anyway. Thanks a lot for listening and hopefully for some advice! Take care.=)



Answer
i like nike air yeezy shoes or nike air max 2010 but i don't know if it is fit for running.
http://zealmall.com/5173-air-yeezy-shoes
http://zealmall.com/5336-air-max-shoes-2010




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what is a good running shoe meant for runners and has ankle support?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment