Saturday, May 10, 2014

What Nike Running shoes are best for underpronation and flat feet?




David


When I joined the military I was told I had pretty much flat feet or very low arches, after doing some research online about flat feet and underpronate and overpronate, I looked at all my shoes and determined that I'm underpronated because the outside soles are all worn out more then the inside. I'm in a bit of a pickle from what iv read if you have flat feet you overpronate and if u have high arches you underpronate. That's not the case for me... I have flat feet and underpronate! I usually run about 10-15 miles weekly I'm 69" 175lbs. Iv been using Nike Lunarglide 3's for a little over a year but I tend to get a lot of shin splints and ankle pain after I run long or short distances. Does any 1 know what shoe would be best?

Nike Zoom Structure Triax 15
Nike LunarGLide 4
NikeEclipse 2
Nike Zoom Vomero 7
Nike Air Pegasus 29
Nike Free Run 3



Answer
Great question, but for unusual reasons.
My personal favorite is the Nike Air Pegasus. Until 1991, I had never worn Nike at all. However, that year I started training for my first marathon: the Marine Corps Marathon. I sought the advice of the owner of the local running shoe store, who has an excellent reputation in this area. Without any hesitation, he took a pair of Nike Air Pegasus off the display on the wall, and said "This is what you should wear". Of course, I asked "why this one, and not the higher-priced shoes?" He then gave me an excellent explanation of the construction of Air Pegasus, and the support in the heel area.
I was sold, and bought two pair immediately.
That November, when I went to Washington, DC, for the marathon, I noticed that almost all of the Marines who were running in the event were wearing the same shoe! Of course, I had to ask "why", and their answer was the clincher for me: "That's what they gave us at Boot Camp".
In case you don't know, Marines do more running at Boot Camp than any of the other branches of the military. It makes sense that they would want to want to have as much protection as possible, and Nike Air Pegasus was the answer.
Since then, I have not worn any other brand or model running shoe.
Since I started coaching runners for marathons and half-marathons, I've been asked by almost all of my runners if there is one shoe I would suggest. Of course, Air Pegasus is my answer.
If it's good enough for the United States Marine Corps, it's good enough for me, too.

Good luck, and good running!

Best cushioned running shoes?

Q. Underpronation and high arches
5'7", 190lbs.
10+ miles per week

Currently been running in the Nike Vomero+4 and love them, but I've been having trouble finding the color/size I want in them: especially since they came out with the 6's now. Any thoughts on a good, cushioned shoe for underpronation and high arches? How about the Asics Gel Nimbus collection? Open to all suggestions...
Thanks!


Answer
There is no such thing as the "best" shoe. It depends on a lot of factors (more than just the ones you listed.) With high arches you may want to look into getting orthos no matter what shoe you end up. My best advice is to go to a running store (not the sports authority, dick's, or footlocker.) A store where they will video tape your gait, check your pressure points, and allow you to run in ten or more shoes before deciding. The experience should be like getting an eye test. Where they give you one shoe on one foot and a different one on another. Then you decide left or right which one feels better and they will work with you through at least ten shoes. You should be running in these shoes a little bit each time they change one out for you. Trust me it will be worth it. Also I high arches and a neutral gait and I run in Saucony Triumph 8.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What Nike Running shoes are best for underpronation and flat feet?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment