Sunday, May 4, 2014

Which running shoe would be best for me? (pics included)?




hamburger9


I wouldn't get into running that seriosuly, but i would train and do maybe a 5k or two. I liked the micro/megabounce, but found out those were more for looks. I will not buy Nike's again, and I am considering New Balance Zips. I don't know what type of feet I have, so I took some pictures. I wear a men's 7.5 to 8 and can get painful ankle and knee pains. I can't run in shoes with no arch (chuck taylors) or my feel will kill me for months. and hurt my feet pretty bad. Thanks, and would you mind making reccomendations too?

http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll452/dryvr12/DSC03970.jpg

http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll452/dryvr12/DSC03969.jpg
I don;'t have a running store near me, so it would be great if you could recommend what brand/model shoes would be best.



Answer
Just based off your arch, I'd say you'd either need a stability shoe or a motion control shoe.

I've heard great things about the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 9 from people who need that kind of support. Give it a try and pay attention to how your legs feel during the run. They can tell a lot about what kind of support and how much of it you need.

If you don't have access to a nearby running store, try using some helpful "shoe finder" tools that you can use online. Here's one, for example:
http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/news/article.asp?UAN=2703&v=5

Do running shoes really make that much of a difference?




SouthernCu


So I'm a beginner runner and I've started on a program where you run for 1 minute then walk for 2 for a total of 20 min. I'll slowly build up to be able to run a 5k in 10 weeks. However, this is my 2nd night and I can't even get thru 1 min due to horrific burning in my calves and feet. I asked my coach who is convinced that I just need new shoes. But will new shoes really make that much of a difference? Or is this pain just something I'm going to have to get used to? Thanks for any advice!


Answer
I'm right with you man. I'm on Week 2 Day 3 of the Couch to 5K running program. All my life I've only ever bought basketball sneakers, cause that's all I used to wear, never really cared about running or fitness.

Well literally a week and a half ago I bought my first pair of actual running shoes ( Adidas Supernova Adapts ), and they are definitely lighter, and this part varies based on shoes, but the mesh on running sneakers that let air in ( which no basketball sneaker I've ever had had ), are soothing on the feet. So I mean it may just be from progress from the Couch to 5K running program, but my 1.5m time has gone down over a minute.

The pain itself, like I said I'm an inexperienced runner like yourself, but I mean I would expect running sneakers to help to a degree, but since your a beginner runner like me I'm pretty positive that burning sensation is just from being new. In my first week I had that feeling on my calves and literally for the next day I still felt it. It was gone after that, and it comes back now and then but the duration seems to last shorter and shorter. It's usually gone overnight now for me.

To sum it up, I'd say it's just your body getting used to exercising and it's not something that new sneakers will remedy on the spot. I would still recommend getting actual running sneakers though since there is a noticeable difference while you're running in terms of your feet "breathing".

Lets get this C25K program done!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which running shoe would be best for me? (pics included)?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment