Monday, June 16, 2014

Marathon Shoes?




Ashley M


I am running in the Chicago Marathon in October 2007 and was wondering if any one had good advice for a pair of shoes to train for the marathon as well as run the marathon in oct. thanks.

I am a female with a medium size arch in my foot.



Answer
I used to run alot of 5 to 10 mile distance and ran one marathon. Nike isn't the best running shoe.

Stick with a brand like Saucony or New Balance. They are higher end shoes and have many models made just for running. Also they have better fits as far as arch support, width sizing, etc. And their sales associates are better trained to fit the shoe to you based on what you are doing.

Bottom line for me: The Saucony Grid Fastwitch 2 is the best for women in long distance.

New running shoes, which one?




Helloo


Gel-DS Trainer 14: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0029F2RO6/ref=dp_image?ie=UTF8&m=AM1GB7VY8RPF9&s=shoes&img=MAIN&color_name=1
in White/Liquid Silver/Lime

or

Gel-Stratus 2.1: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B001A3PMUE/ref=dp_image?ie=UTF8&m=A1HHNK9O9KHPAW&s=shoes&img=MAIN&color_name=2
in Black/Gold/Lightning

Neutral pronator with a normal arch.
Female. High school track/xc runner.
Just, which one would be better for me?
& which one looks better?
Yes, I understand that I am a girl and these are guy's shoes. I prefer guy's running shoes over girl's. Don't know why, but I just do. :]



Answer
The first one looks better...but after a few hard runs I doubt any running shoe will look good!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Marathon Shoes?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment