Tuesday, March 11, 2014

These shoes OK for Achilles Tendinitis?




Loz


So i've been running in strictly racing flats for the last 4 years and it finally have caught up with me.

So I've ended up with bad Achilles tendinitis, so I was thinking of switching to the Nike Free 2.0. I've tried a variety of trainers and I can't stand the feel of bulky/heavy shoes. So any ideas?



Answer
I have the same thing and I would recommend that you go and see a foot doctor. I got inserts to put in my shoes and now I am pain free. Hope this helps.

What kind of running shoes ?




JuNo


I started running and jogging about a week ago and i feel that the shoes i run with are horrible. I had them from about 10 years now and they are torn and beat up really bad. They are nike shoes. When i went out for a run with the shoes that day, my legs were so sore and i couldn't bend down or walk down the stairs without excruciating pain. What kind of running shoes would you suggest for my condition ?


Answer
You need to go to a specialized running store. Don't go to some big box sporting goods store or department store. Local places are generally the best when it comes to this. You need to find someone with the knowledge to diagnose your gait; once you understand your stride, how much you pronate, etc, you'll be able to know what kind of shoes you need. You will likely need to spend some money on your shoes, which is a bummer, but the alternative could be serious injury. I've suffered from a stress fracture, achilles tendonitis, ITBS, and other conditions, and many of them could have probably been at least partially avoided by proper footwear that wasn't worn out. Good luck, and realize that running is often naturally painful, especially when you are just getting started- but there's a limit to this. Don't hurt yourself because you dont have the right footwear.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: These shoes OK for Achilles Tendinitis?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment