Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Foot pain since starting running again...?




Mis


I recently started running again. Cross country ended in the fall and i had shin splint problems so i was unable to do indoor track however i have just started up outdoor track. I just got back into running and we've been running quite a few miles (5-7 per day). Unfortunately my foot has been hurting me. I didn't have any pain at all during running one day and the next i woke up and i couldn't even walk or run. It's been like that for a few days now and i don't know what it is. During the cross-country season i bought new shoes but they were hurting my shins so i swtiched into my old ones from the year before (which i had knee problems that year) and they were fine through cross country but now it's starting to hurt. I think it might be becasue they're so worn out but i have walking shoes that have very good support in them and they still hurt my feet. I looked some things up on the internet but it says fallen arches or flat feet but i took a test and wet my foot to look at my foot print and it looks normal so i don't think that's it. Can anyone help??

P.S. The pain on the bottom of my left foot on the left side, so next to the arch, and if i walk for more than a few steps on it it begins to hurt everywhere.



Answer
Heel pain, heel spurs and plantar fasciitis can cause bottom foot pain. Symptoms include a dull ache which is felt most of the time with episodes of a sharp pain in the center of the heel or on the inside margin of the heel. Often the pain is worse on first rising in the morning and after rest and is aggravated by prolonged weight bearing & thin soled shoes

Those with flat feet or falling arches may also feel bottom foot pain. The symptoms vary depending on the severity of the condition. Individuals may experience corns, hard skin under the sole of the foot. The arch area may be tender and shoes will tend to wear out quickly. In severe cases the patient may experience calf, knee and hip pain


Mortonâs neuroma, the term neuroma refers to a swelling of a nerve. The nerve commonly affected is a small nerve that connects the 3rd and 4th toes, counting from the big toe. The patient will complain of pain in the sole of the foot.


People suffering from metatarsalgia â Metatarsalgia is a general term used to denote a painful foot condition in the metatarsal region of the foot (the area just before the toes, more commonly referred to as the ball of the foot). This is a common foot disorder that can affect the bones and joints at the ball-of-the-foot. Metatarsalgia (ball of foot pain) is often located under the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th metatarsal heads, or more isolated at the first metatarsal head (near the big toe).

With this condition one or more of the metatarsal heads become painful and/or inflamed, usually due to excessive pressure over a long period of time. It is common to experience acute, recurrent, or chronic pain with this common foot condition. Ball of foot pain is often caused due to improper fitting footwear, most frequently in womenâs dress shoes and other restrictive footwear. Footwear with a narrow toe box (toe area) causes the ball of foot area to be forced into a minimal amount of space. This can inhibit the walking process and lead to extreme discomfort in the forefoot.


Plantar warts or verruca. Verrucaes are a common complaint amongst children and adults. A verruca is a small skin lesion which is commonly found on the bottom surface of the foot. The lesion is usually approximately 1cm in diameter but can be larger. Sometimes a single wart may have many small satellite warts surrounding it, this is called a Mosaic Wart.


Corns- A corn is a localized thickening of the skin due to pressure. Corns often occur on the top of the toes where there is pressure from the shoes. However, they also occur at the sole of the foot and in between toes. Certain corns may become entwined with the nerves of the skin, these corns are particularly painful. Often corns develop a core which is often referred to as the "root" by patients. Corns can be very painful, especially if there is inflammation and swelling around the corn.


Wear comfortable, properly fitting shoes. They should have good arch support and cushioning.
Wear shoes with adequate room around the ball of your foot and toe.
Wear sneakers as often as possible, especially when walking.
Avoid narrow-toed shoes and high heels.
Replace running shoes frequently.
Warm up before exercise, cool down after exercise, and stretch adequately.
Increase your amount of exercise SLOWLY over time to avoid putting excessive strain on your feet.
Lose weight if you need to.
Learn exercises to strengthen your feet and avoid pain. This can help flat feet and other potential foot problems.
Keep feet dry to avoid friction. This may help prevent corns and calluses.
Avoid alcohol to prevent attacks of gout.

Healthy 18 year-old and Gout?




Laurance


I'm an 18 year old guy, 5-7", 140 pounds (About 63 kg), I eat fairly healthy; I stay away from carbonated drinks, sugars, white flour..., I'm not extremely strict, but I stick to that most of the time. and according to some websites, I don't eat food that is high in Uric acid, I did have breakfast two times this weak with a moderately listed Uric acid: Oatmeal.

I usually workout 2/3 times a week, and at least once. But I haven't worked out in a month or so, until couple days ago I did a 36 minutes of running on a treadmill (My shoes aren't meant for running, but I've used it to run for six months) after I was done I kind of felt one toe sore (but really not much) which didn't bother me at all. And last night before I want to sleep I felt few of my toes sore again. Nothing major.

The horror: I woke up at 6:30am with a very, very painful feeling in all of my toes in the morning. (the pain woke me up) and I seemed to be cold and shaking. A few minutes later the pain subsided, but it was still there. I'm not gonna lie, I was scared! I immediately went to the doctor, and the pain was not severe by any means on the way there, it seemed to range from low to low-moderate. The doctor examined my toes and said it was likely caused by the running two days ago, and prescribed a painkiller (500mg paracetamol, 30mg caffeine, 10mg codeine phosphate).

After a little research (more like google), I found that a "Gout attack" is described very similar to what I had! but then I found out that this is most likely to happen to older men (above 50) or obese/unhealthy people (At least that's what I understood), and I also found out that usually pain in Gout keeps getting worse for the next 8-12 hours after the initial sharp pain, but mine now, 6 hours later after the sharp pain and 3 hours after I took one pill of that painkiller, I feel a weird sensation in my toes, and very minimal to no pain (discomfort).

If anybody can tell me whats the possibility that I have this, It'd be appreciated? All my knowledge on gout is based on extremely basic google-search of 30 minutes, ANY help and input will be appreciated!



Answer
1. the pain is due to running and bruises.
2. What Ur doctor said is correct. Just, trust Him.
3. Medication given is most relevant one.
Just, take it easy and forget, since Ur anxiety without proper base is likely to interfere with Ur healing process.
God bless U, my dear young boy..

PS.If satisfied/benefited with, inform others to browse âYahoo Answersâon any health issue.

Source:
'Health In Ur Hands' by Dr.Devendra Vora,D.Sc.,M.D.,F.R.C.P., an octogenarian & the pioneer in Acupressure in India.
â¢
â¢
â¢
â¢




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Foot pain since starting running again...?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment