Saturday, August 3, 2013

Anybody know how to develop strong legs for vertical leap and what's a good basketball shoe to get?

running shoes for big man
 on New Balance Mr817 Running Shoe in Orange for Men (white/orange) | Lyst
running shoes for big man image



Allen


Im 5'11 and 14 years old. I want to make Varsity and I can touch rim. I have a long structure with a big wingspan. When I jump I use running shoes.Also do Concept shoes really Work?(APL) or other brands such as Joran,Adidas,NIke,Reebok?


Answer
For shoes just get anything that is light weight and comfortable. Personally I prefer hyperdunks or D-roses. I very fast and quick so these shoes are good. When it comes to playing basketball just stick o Nike man.

Increasing your vertical comes down to about 4 main points

1) Lose any extra body fat you might have, this fat is what i call anchor fat because it holds you down.

2) Eat healthy and drink a lot of water, if your urine is not crystal clear than you are not drinking enough water.

3) Fix your broken jumping technique

4) Learn the CORRECT exercises to do and HOW to do them. The how part is crucial because you can do squats or calf raises all you want but if you do not do it the correct way than you will actually hurt your vertical.

Heres another tip, the THREE MAIN muscles that help you jump higher are your glutes, your hamstring and your lower back.

Utilize all 4 points and you'll increase your vertical

go to this site and click the link on the how to jump higher article, itll take you to a video with MORE info.

What recommendations do you have for ballroom shoes?




ToInspire


I want to buy my first ballroom shoes and I wanted some recommendations about shoes. What heel size is best for dancing, open or closed toe, single or multiple straps, etc. I want comfortable shoes where I'm not sliding around in them. Any recommendations?


Answer
Get your regular shoe size. They should feel very snug, like a glove. You adjust the straps for a more secure fit.
If you're a beginner, a lower heel would probably be a good way to start. A 1.3 inch is good. I wouldn't go higher than 2 inches.

Shoes come with low, squared heel, standard heels, and also flared heels. Heel types can depend on the style you'll be dancing. If you're dancing West Coast swing, for example, you'll want a low, squared heel, open toe shoe. If you're dancing smooth dances (like waltz) you'll probably prefer a closed toe with about a 2 inch heel. Latin shoes are usually open toe, regular heel and much "strappier" looking.

If you're a beginner and/or learning a range of dances, then just pick a style you like best. My former instructor discouraged beginning women dancers from wearing open-toe shoes for their own safety because they were dancing with beginning men, who had a tendency to step on toes.

Some of the best mid-priced shoes are made by Very Fine and GoGo Dance. They tend to run under $60 a pair. With proper care, they can last quite a long time, though you'll want to replace them when they get stretch out and no longer give you that glove-like fit. There are pricier lines, but I suggest you wait until you know what shoe style suits you before spending big bucks.

My everyday go-to shoe is made by Stephanie Dance Shoes GoGo Dance division. They're peep toe, with a 1.3" heel. They give me the best of all worlds-- a slender, low heel (feminine), rather than a fat Cuban heel. Peep toe, which is more comfortable for me than closed, yet my feet don't slide over the edge as they would with open toe. The low heel is elegant enough to work for smooth dances, yet because it's low, I can do West Coast Swing with ease. They're a t-strap so they have a little strappiness going on.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Anybody know how to develop strong legs for vertical leap and what's a good basketball shoe to get?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment