Wednesday, September 11, 2013

How can I prevent my flat feet from getting any worse?

best athletic shoes plantar fasciitis
 on Insole For Plantar Fasciitis | SHOES PLANTAR FASCIITIS
best athletic shoes plantar fasciitis image



Drew L


I have flat feet and am still very athletic. I am very fast and want to be an Olympic sprinter. I am 15. How can I prevent my feet from getting worse?


Answer
Flat feet are a very common foot condition which causes over-pronation and can potentially result in much more serious ailments such as plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, or shin splints if not treated early.

Proper arch support through orthotic insoles or shoe inserts is an effective solution to foot pain caused by flat feet, and helps to prevent more serious foot ailments.

When you have acute Plantar fasciitis should you rest the foot?




Butterfly


I had this condition for 3 years before and am anxious not to prolong the agony this time.


Answer
Yes. Other things that help:

Fill plastic water bottle halfway with H2O and put in freezer. Once it's frozen, roll it on the floor using the foot with PF - it helps reduce inflammation. Roll from heel to toes.

Get an insert for your shoe. I use the green SuperFeet, which my sister (who works for a major athletic company) swears by. The aim is for your footfalls to be cushioned - to reduce the impact. Be more careful as you walk, too - try not to come down too hard on the heel.

Really important - there are exercises you can do that stretch the compromised tendons. Below: great overall look at PF from the Mayo Clinic, followed by exercises you can do. These are the same exercises my orthopedist gave me.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I prevent my flat feet from getting any worse?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment