Saturday, August 3, 2013

Why is the forefoot area of my running shoes always wearing out so quick?

best walking shoes pronation
 on Walking Shoe For Plantar Fasciitis
best walking shoes pronation image



Mariposa T


I don't run - I walk - but I prefer to wear running shoes instead of walking shoes. The sole of my shoes where the ball of my foot would be ALWAYS wears out quickly, it seems to me.I wear name brand shoes(Brooks, Saucony, Asics, etc.), but usually models in the under $70 price range. Might this have something to do with my gait? I underpronate, and also the ball of my foot often cramps. Might a certain orthotic help prevent this uneven wearing out?


Answer
Check to see if your foot (and shoe) are sliding forward as your foot comes down. If so, that would wear out the ball of the shoe area. Many runners do this on the heel, but I have one friend who wears her shoes like you do. If you look very closely at the bottom of your shoe in the worn area, you might be able to see the direction in which individual scratch marks were made. If you see marks that start towards the front of the shoe and end towards the back, your shoe is still moving forward when your foot touches down. In effect, your shoes slides a little forward with each step before fully contacting the pavement. It does have everything to do with your gait. It has nothing to do with pronation per se. If you are a woman and wear heels, the problem could be a shortened Achilles tendon (rear of the heel up to the ankle). If so, the fix would be to gradually stretch the Achilles tendon to lengthen it or to see a physical therapist who could show you the exercises to do. There are stretches and videos online. DO NOT OVERSTRETCH. You run the risk of tearing the tendon. It will take several months to fix this, if this is in fact the problem.

How many miles should you get out of a good pair of shoes?




Stunatra


How long should a good pair of shoes last if you walk 2-3 miles almost every day?


Answer
To be honest, it depends on a number of things. Your foot placement as you land (pronation, etc), brand, and training schedule. As for your training schedule, if you do a lot of hill workouts or run mucky conditions, they shoe will wear faster. If you pronate, you spread your weight unevenly to the different areas of your shoe, hence different parts will wear faster than others. In your case, since you are walking, your shoes will last forever (if thats the only thing your doing with them). I would say at least 1 year or 15 months.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why is the forefoot area of my running shoes always wearing out so quick?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment