Sunday, February 23, 2014

Newton Running Shoes?




No Doubt


Here is some background (I apologize for its length) And for those of you who haven't heard of Newton's (http://www.newtonrunning.com/) Alright, I am a sixteen year old middle distance track athlete and Cross Country runner; I am currently a Junior in High school and have had continuous issues with my shins and running (I am currently sporting a tibial stress fracture in my right leg) My freshman year in high school I ran indoor track for the first time and had to stop halfway through the season because of stress fractures in both of my legs- I did not continue on to outdoor that year (I received proper medical attention, PT etc...) My sophomore year I ran Cross Country and Indoor Track without a hitch (besides a heart problem at the end of indoor) but only made it halfway through my Outdoor season I was diagnosed with severe shin splints in my left leg, and told to take off the rest of the season. I went to PT again and did not run again until the middle of July in which I began to train for the upcoming Cross Country season. I was running the fastest I had ever run that season and made Top Seven every meet (ran varsity) I competed in, until halfway through the season where I developed intense pain in my right leg. (writing it off as just shin splints again, and as previously discussed with my orthopedist, I took off of the rest of the season and Indoor) A few weeks before the start of outdoor track, I went back to my orthopedist to get cleared to run- they took another X-ray and saw that there was a lump on my right shin bone, as if it were swollen) The doctor determined it to be a stress fracture and sent me for a CT scan (I will discuss the results of the scan with him this Wednesday) Recently, while researching stress fracture related material I came across "Newton Running" The Newton shoes use Sir Issac Newtons third law (every reaction has an equal an opposite reaction) "natural running" and gravity to put the runner in ones optimal running form (essentially how your body would move without the cushion of shoes) The shoe focuses on a a mid/forefoot strike and a shorter stride, boasting on the idea that traditional heel striking causes damage to ones body (which I believe it does- stemming from personal experience) while landing on the forefoot with a slight lean foreword reduces the impact to the legs and saves more energy which propels you foreword. I am interested in the idea and, despite the color and high pricing, am looking to make an investment in these shoes (at the very least change to mid/forefoot striking) My question to you is, have you had any experience with the Newton shoe? Was it positive/Negative? Would you recommend it? What kinds of issues have you had with the shoe? Based on the research ive seen online(tons of raving support and life changing testimonials, read from people outside the Newton company, with only a few negative views and or anecdotes about the shoe) I would say its a good product. Any information you can give about the shoe would be greatly appreciated.
Also, would this shoe be okay to use for sprints/shorter distances? (most of the testimonials I see online are from marathon runners, and triathletes)



Answer
I don't know the answer about how good the shoes are. The domain in the question seems to be valid.
Here is the domain registry data
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/newtonrunning.com
Newton Running has a listing with BBB.
http://www.bbb.org/denver/business-reviews/shoes-retail/newton-running-in-boulder-co-90012806
So far BBB does not have enough information to give them a rating, but they do seem to confirm the address data.

Now compare that to the registry data on a typical scam site:
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/shoesif.com
That domain has even lied to its own Chinese registrar about its street address.

Does anyone know of any local running stores in Denver/Boulder area?

Q. I am looking to buy a new pair of running shoes from a loacl company, while I am back visiting my parents. I am a big supporter of smaller retailers.

Thanks for your help!


Answer
The soul shoe boutique on 13th street has pretty much every shoe you want, but a little exp.... also the boulder running company on pearl street, has probably the best selection, I think its near hwy 36..




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Newton Running Shoes?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment