Friday, May 30, 2014

should a 300 LBS man run as cardio to lose weight?




EL Nene Ca


hi i am just wondering if running is a good way to lose rapidly pounds and body liquid.....
i am 300 pounds, should i run......?
is this a good idea?



Answer
Good for you wanting to start running...however, I think you should check with you doctor, tell him/her what you wanted to do and make sure its a go. Also being heavier and running is hard on your knees/shins, probably would advise walking first 30 minutes / day, doing some hills as a challenge. Once walking becomes easier (breathing easier and able to carry a conversation during a fast pace walk) then try running. Start with walk 9 minutes and 30 seconds, run for 30 seconds, do this 3X (total of 30minutes exercise) for 3 days a week for 2 weeks. Walk on other days not running. Following week, walk 9 minutes and run 1 minute 3X. Do this 3 days a week. Following week walk 8 minutes run 2 minutes, 3X...reduce walk time per minute and up your running per minute per week. The goal is to run up to 10 minutes and walk 1 minute.
Please make sure to get proper shoes from a running store and have them to fit according to your foot type/weight/gait/pronation. Proper shoes will help reduce and injuries. If you have sore muscles, or shins, ankles, this is normal for beginner, make sure you ice it for 10-15minutes 3X/day so it will reduce inflamation and soreness. Ice cold water for a foot bath for sore ankles 10-15 minutes 2X/day. Take advil if needed.

Again let your doctor know what you want to do. To do exercise is always a GOOD IDEA...

Join a walking/running club where there are tons of motivation and support and information.

Good luck :)

Need for good running shoes?




SOX05


Im 250 pounds man and usually run for 1hour but my feet hurt after that,any special running shoes?
need more details, curently running
NewBalance 992



Answer
I'm a heavier set women runner and I used to use the NB 992. They were great when it came to shorter distances but when I started to pass the 3 mile mark, they just started to hurt me. It started with my knees, then my shins and finally my lower back. I couldn't ever make it past 6 w/o kicking them off. I switched to the Asics 2140s. I love them, I just ran a half marathon in them and I would have never been able to do that with the 992s w/o falling apart.

I agree going to a specialty store so they can tell you what shoes you actually need. If you can't get to a store I recommend roadsrunnersports.com, you take a little survey on there and it tells you what shoe works for you. If your still confused you can call them or get the membership and you can run in the shoes for 60 days and return them. I just got it, I love it. It is a little expensive but worth it for me since I can't get to any store like.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: should a 300 LBS man run as cardio to lose weight?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment