Friday, October 25, 2013

Runners: Are Superfeet insoles good for running long distances?

best running shoes store
 on picture the darker areas show the wear on the outsole of a right shoe ...
best running shoes store image



Anne Teak


My husband was fitted for shoes at a running shoe store and they also recommended the insoles. He's had them for 2 weeks and is having some knee pain while running. Would he be better off without them or with soft insoles instead?


Answer
If he has not had knee pain before, the insoles are probably wrong for him; at least the combination of the shoe and the insole is wrong.
If the feet are tilted too much from side to side, some torque will be generated up the shin into the knee, causing them to twist and knees really hate that (they hate stairs, too). This might be the cause of a new pain in the knee. Increasing mileage too quickly can also cause the pain.

See: http://www.superfeet.com/Products/Orange.aspx
If you look at the demo of the Orange type, the side view shows quite a bit of camber; that could throw you off.

Try running with the insoles that came with the shoe. If that helps, the insole is to blame. Also give the knee an extra day to heal before experimenting.

Trial and error works pretty well. Unfortunately for me the error came at 23 miles into a marathon and I had to walk the rest of the way in; my foot was tilted 4°. I had orthotics made and the problem was solved.

18 years old and want to open up my own running shoes store?




The Questi


I have an obsession with running shoes and I was thinking about opening a store that sold only running shoes. Please tell me where do I start?
Yes, I do have experience. I have been working in this running specialty store for 2 years selling shoes and I think I have mastered the industry. I am planning to go partner with some of my supervisors there who have 20-30 years of experience.



Answer
i hope you succeed. i know a couple of small local athletic stores that are really good- like runaway success in paoli, PA

www.happyrunning.com

and running funky.

www.runningfunky.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Runners: Are Superfeet insoles good for running long distances?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment