Friday, April 11, 2014

Help on running shoes?

Q. I'm trying to find an upgrade for my running shoes, but I have no idea what I'm looking for. I've narrowed my search down to these ones:

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:144386/sku:3060147/asics-gel-cumulus-12-womens/?cm=GLOBAL%20SEARCH%3A%20KEYWORD%20SEARCH

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:136562/sku:100531/saucony-progrid-guide-3-womens/?cm=GLOBAL%20SEARCH%3A%20KEYWORD%20SEARCH

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:136984/sku:10388735/mizuno-wave-rider-13-womens/?cm=GLOBAL%20SEARCH%3A%20KEYWORD%20SEARCH#sku=10388735&size=11.5

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:137242/sku:10391005/mizuno-wave-nirvana-6-womens/?cm=GLOBAL%20SEARCH%3A%20KEYWORD%20SEARCH

The last two are my favorite, because they have a lower ankle, but I don't know if the high ankle is good for running, it seems like it would constrict a lot of movement. I have size 11 shoes right now, but I measure out around 11.5 or 12. Other than that can I get tips on which would be the best, or what I need to look for in general, thanks!


Answer
My personal opinion out of those would be the pair of Asics. i've had some Asics and I ran them to the ground! I'm no pro at running, just a junior in high school (male) cc/track runner but I easily run 500+ miles per sport season and Asics have done me very well. One thing to take into account is the number of the model. The Asics Gel Cumulus 12 means that there have been 12 generations of the shoe and 13 for the Mizuno pair. I've read from reviews in Runners World Magazine that the Gel Cumulus have an amazing reputation for having an awesome amount of cushioning so my guess would be those would probably last you the longest. One thing to take into account is a lot of Mizuno shoes (at least ones that I've tried on) tend to be semi-narrow and a lot of them are for people with high arches. The Asics pair are probably going to be for more "normal" (regular arched, mild over/under pronaters). So in reality it depends on your body type/ foot type. If your looking for shoes within that price range take a look at the 2150s (or 2160s whatever theyre on now :P) if you haven't yet. I had 2140's and they lasted me a whole track season and almost half of a CC season and were still comfortable. Anyway, I hope I was of some assistance :). I'm also looking for new running shoes as I type this so I wish you the best of luck!!
Peter,

BROOKS RUNNING SHOES?




Court C


if i wear a size 13 in womens brook shoe what size is that in brooks mens shoes


Answer
If you are a size 13 in Brooks women's shoes then you are a size 11.5 in Brooks men's shoes.
A size 13 in Brooks is 29.5 cm in the toe to heel measurement and compared to Brooks men's shoes these fit a size 11.5. Hope this helps :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Help on running shoes?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment