Saturday, April 12, 2014

Tough Mudder/Mud Runs shoes?




Average Jo


Curious on what type of shoe to wear for the Tough Mudder runs. I am staying away from the zero drop mimiums type shoes since I don't have enough time to train as well as trail shoes. Looking for somethign that is a cross between a minimus and a full running shoe. I am also looking for something that drains well. I have walked around in the New Balance MR1400. Seems like that would be a good shoe to buy. Seems to drain well with a good cushion to run log distance in. Would like to keep the shoe and use that as my mud run type shoe. Price is everything. Found the 1400 for $54 online. Thoughts?


Answer
The New Balance shoes seem like a good pair. The heel to toe offset for the MR1400 is 11mm

I'd also look at the Saucony Kinvara TR. They have a 4mm heel to toe offset.

Finally the Asics GT-2000 Trail could be a good buy. These have a 10mm offset.

Just some options to consider! Hope that helped!

What is the best minimalist running shoes out there?




Mark Ferna


I was thinking about purchasing the New Balance MT20 from the reviews I've seen from it. Are there better running shoes similar to it?


Answer
After testing over 100 minimal shoes, there's the ultimate minimalist running shoe guide web site. The NB MT20 is a wonderful shoe but I like the NB MT00 more - lighter, wider toe box, zero drop. Merrell also has great trail shoes - Trail Glove, Sonic Glove, Mix Master. VIVOBAREFOOT Breatho Trail is also awesome. Can't miss with shoes from Altra Zero Drop - The Instinct.

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Tough Mudder/Mud Runs shoes?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment