Saturday, April 12, 2014

what is the difference between running and walking and casual shoes?




Chris





Answer
Differentiating Between Walking Shoes and Running Shoes
Here are some rather noticeable differences between the two kinds of shoes:

* Traditionally, walking shoes are available in white (or in shades of white and pink in case of women's shoes). Running shoes and sneakers, on the other hand, are often seen in a multitude of flashy colors and mixed shades.
* Running shoes typically have a high heel, as compared to a low or undercut heel in case of walking shoes. The reason for the undercut heel is that walkers typically land on their heels, and the undercut makes for better landing and stability.
* Running shoes always have a higher amount of cushioning, as compared to a pair of walking shoes.
* Running shoes have a much thicker sole as compared to walking shoes. Also, the sides of a running shoe are comparatively higher and stiffer than those of a walking shoe. This is done so as to ensure better ankle support and prevent ankle twists or sprains while landing.

Choosing Between Walking Shoes Vs Running Shoes
Now that you know some of the differences between walking shoes and running shoes, how do you choose what type to buy? Well, these are some of the factors that you should consider while choosing a pair of shoes.

* Any prior history of foot or leg related problems.
* Your body weight and your walking or running technique.
* The amount of pronation and supination involved in your walking technique. Read more on running shoes for overpronators.
* The strength of your ankle muscles, shins and joints.
* Your foot type, i.e. whether you are flat footed, whether you have a high arch, etc.

Looking for running shoe advice.?




jediljc


I'm looking to take up running, but I want some advice on the type of shoe I should buy. I am a short woman who is a little overweight, but otherwise in good health. I have a tendency to point my toes in a little when I walk or run, so I end up putting most of my weight on the outside of my step. Other than that, I have a completely normal arch, and normal width foot. I'd like to keep the price below $100. Any suggestions?


Answer
There are shoes to correct a pronation like that, however if it is severe enough you may want to consider orthotics before you buy shoes. If you go the Orthotic route you will use the orthotics to correct your issue and you will buy a good comfortable neutral shoe.

For buying a shoe, find a good reputable running store. There are many in the US. In Canada the Running Room is the best for consistent good service and quality running shoes. In the US I shop online at runningexpo.com but only if I know the shoe that I want.

Go into the store, have the shoe guy do a gait check and then hopefully he will recommend a good shoe for you. Ideally you will want to run with your fee parallel and may want to work on exercises to help give you some strength to change the gait. It can be done, but it will take work. I recommend Chi Running as a great technique.
Harry




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what is the difference between running and walking and casual shoes?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment