Sunday, April 6, 2014

If I have gout would it have shown up in the last blood test?




LadyThorn


I have an extremely sore big toe that flares up every couple of months to every couple of years. It's been happening since I was about 13/14 but it never worried me because usually it happened after soccer or hiking. The last couple of days I have been in excruciating pain because of my big left toe. It's swollen and red.

My parents are pressuring me to go to the doctor to get tested for gout... I am 20 and it runs in my family, usually showing up around my age.

Normally I would go to the dr, but I have been so many times this year already for other unrelated issues... I don't want them to think I'm a hypochondriac! Usually my parents are the ones pressuring me to go to the dr... Underactive thyroid, essential tremor are a few things I've already visited them for in the past few months.

I've had two blood tests recently testing for things other than gout, but if I had high uric acid levels then wouldn't it have shown up? Or because they weren't looking for that would they not have noticed?



Answer
Think back to what you were doing when you began to have the issues with your big toe.... did you bang it on something? playing ball?
Have you ever been diagnosed with "gout"? You & /or your family members who have gout might not even have it--they might be suffering from something called "pseudogout"--this is when you have calcium phosphate crystal instead of high uric acid, also just because you might have a high uric acid level one time at testing does not mean you have gout.
Is your toe hot to the touch? Can you move it? Put on shoes? Walk around? Is it getting worse? It might be infected ! Did your uric acid test which you had done before show high uric acid levels or any other levels which were high?
I would soak it for a couple of days in some warm water & epsom salts and keep it elevated... if you continue to have issues with it, then I would suggest you seek the advice of your doctor.

Over a week ago I felt like I pulled a muscle under my big toe. I gave it a few days to rest but now when I?




JB


run I have residual pain after. It doesn't hurt when I run, and I'm able to walk just fine if I do it carefully, but it still bothers me. The pain isn't so much my big toe but under the ball of my foot just below it. I'm not sure what it is and I don't think it's a metatarsal fracture because I can run pain free. What is wrong with it? I was running 30 miles a week until I tore a ligament in October, but I started again last this month, and I'm only at about 10 miles.
When I move my big toe forward it hurts, the pain seems to mainly be under the big toe/ that side of my foot. The pain isn't sporadic, and is dull.



Answer
could be a bone spur or gout make sure youe shoes are good fitting




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: If I have gout would it have shown up in the last blood test?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment