Monday, June 23, 2014

In athletics is altitude training training a form of cheating like running without shoes is in certain races.?







Back in the day middle distance runners who could afford to do so used to gain unfair advantage over their fellow contestants.
I have put this question in politics because athletics every four years is hijacked by the politicians.
Running without shoes is cheating in long distance races if you know anything about this science.



Answer
No. To suggest so would demand that all athletes live at the same elevation. For example, it would be cheating for someone who lives in Denver to train there if they were going to compete against people who like in Los Angeles. How would that be fair?

Need hiking shoe/boot advice: Low vs mid cut?




Chris


I am taking a trip to Estes Park, Colorado this summer (End of June) and am planning doing a 6-10 mile summit hike each day for 5 days. The trails I am looking at (Twin Sisters, Deer Mountain, Sky Pond..) all appear to be grade 1 trails, so there should not be too much walking on rough terrain, but there could still be some more difficult spots. I want to invest in a good hiking shoe/boot that will best support my hikes while keeping traction and staying dry. I would like to get low cut shoes so I can also wear them casually when I am not hiking (looking at the Merrell Moab Gore Tex) but some reviews say that if you are doing any summit climbs, it is smartest to go mid cut boots.

What do you recommend between mid hiking boots and low hiking shoes? I won't be carrying much weight (water, snack, etc). If you have any recommendations on a particular brand/model, please share. I am looking to spend up to $140.



Answer
You will be in the market for a mid-height boot because you are not doing summer trail running. June is still fairly early spring at Rocky Mountain National Park. From your research, I am sure that you already know that this winter was about the tenth ranking snowfall year on record. You may still find deep snowdrifts on some trails during June. I suggest that you consider hiking in other parts of Colorado that are more beautiful and less over-run with tourists than Rocky Mountain National Park.

Ask in the "camping" category about remote hiking trails in Colorado. Unfortunately, Yahoo! Answers does not have a "hiking" category. Try doing a search Yahoo! Answers for other ideas.

You should buy a good pair of gaiters to repel the wet snow from getting caught in the top of your boots. You should plan to spend $150 to $200 on lightweight, waterproof lining boots. If possible, go to REI (Boulder or Denver) and try on several for fit wearing the two pair of hiking socks that you will wear up trails. A few good brands:

Asolo
Keen
LaSportiva
Merrell
Salomon
Vasque

Vasque Breeze GTX have held-up for 2,000 miles of Rocky Mountain hiking for me. I wear them every day to work when I am not hiking. I almost never wear my low-cut trail runner shoes. The trail runners soak-up water, offer less foot protection, and no ankle support compared to my hiking boots.

Vasque Breeze GTX, $170.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: In athletics is altitude training training a form of cheating like running without shoes is in certain races.?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment