Saturday, March 29, 2014

Best type of running shoes?




yogazen


What is the best brand of running shoe for someone with high arches and a tendency to rotate the foot out while running?


Answer
There are different shoes that fit people's feet differently. I got orthotics years ago and found out I needed a show with a stable base on it and a straight "last" - because of the way I walk (pronate) - so I don't usually buy NIKE. The important thing is not the shoe but going to a shop where the people there really know about shoes and what are good for you. My best experiences and advice I have gotten from podiatrists has been with "New Balance" - "Saucony" "Adidas" - New Balance at the top though - and the guys in the store said they overall made the best shoes.

What are the best running,workout shoes for only one fallen arch?




omniscient


First off I wanna say that I broke my femur on my right leg. I still have the metal rod and screws. After a while my left foot started to hurt. I found out that I had a fallen arch. If I want to find a running shoe, do I have to get one type for each foot. For instance, one for a flat foot, on my left leg and one for a normal foot, on my right leg.
The shoes don't have to be specifically for running, just as long as I can run with them.



Answer
Most running stores or specialty shoes stores will do an evaluation on your walking/running gait and recommend a specific pair of shoes or orthotics for your use. This is a really good option that won't set you back much more than the cost of a good pair of shoes. I know New Balance does these regularly, and I'm sure a little online searching will let you know other stores/brands willing to do this too. This route will be much cheaper than going to a podiatrist or therapist and having them make you custom orthotics.
You can also look into purchasing off the shelf arch supports and inserting them into a quality running shoe. Any good shoe store should have a plethora of them to choose from. As far as shoe brand, New Balance and Nike have always been what i recommend, however it's all up to what type and style of shoe feels best on your foot. If you can run with it and it doesn't give you foot or knee pain, then that's a good shoe for your foot.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best type of running shoes?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment