Friday, March 28, 2014

Opinions on good Walking Shoes for women, please?




Hummingbir


I had surgery on my arch in April. The casts are off, Physical Therapy is just about done, and I'm waiting for my custom orthotics. I work as a Nurssing Assistant in a Hospital, so I spend most of my shift on my feet. I plan on asking my Dr. for recommendation on shoes, but I am looking for opinions. I want to know what shoes others find comfortable, durable, and aren't real expensive. ($60-$80)
I am going to wait until I have the orthotics to actually buy the shoes.



Answer
Every shoe has a different fit and feel. Since you are going to get custom orthotics, you can really get into a "neutral" shoe as oppsed to having to get a motion control shoe. You really have to take the mechanics of your own foot into consideration. Many people are happy with a New Balance, but I find the toe box is too wide. I personally like Nike...espeically because they classify the shoe for you right on the box, but many people find them too narrow.

My best advice is to wait to get your orthotics, then find a shoe that will comfortably accomodate them. Don't go for any shoes on clearance, they've usually been sitting around for a year or so...the EVA in shoes has a shelf life of about 6-8 months.

As a PT myself, I am not loyal to any one brand.

Good walking/running shoes?




Nobody


I have pretty big feet. Size 13-14 and I can't find any stores that carry my size for a lot of the shoes. What are some good walking/running shoes that fit someone my size?


Answer
Hi.I would recommend getting the New Balance 890 shoe.Their one of the best shoes I have ever had.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Opinions on good Walking Shoes for women, please?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment