Sunday, March 23, 2014

Women's Running shoes!?




Michelle


I need to purchase new running shoes. I currently run 5-7 miles per day mainly on the treadmill. I have narrow feet and VERY high arches. My current pair are Asics to which I added poly sorb insoles, I love them now, but they were really hard to break in, they pushed down on my toes for a long time (no they are not too small, I always get my feet measured and the size has been the same for a long time). So ladies or men who REALLY know about women's running shoes, can anyone recommend a shoe for my foot type and need that will not take forever to break in? I would love to go to a specialty running store, but there is not one in my area.
BTW-I don't care about what is cute or trendy.



Answer
2 words: New Balance. They're great running and walking shoes.. They are very light weight and merciless on the balls of your feet... They are really comfortable... I ran track and I would slip them on after I ran and they are a good quality shoe.. pricy but good.

What are good women's running shoes?




Live2Run


I want to get a new pair, because my old ones are worn out. I'm willing to pay up to 120 if their good. Obviously the cheaper the better haha :) Thank you!!


Answer
There is no "best" running shoe - there is only the best shoe for you, and that may change with time. The best running shoe for you may not be the best shoe for me, because we might have differently shaped feet, different strides, different body mechanics, etc. For these reasons, running shoes need to be professionally fitted. Having shoes that aren't properly fitted is one of the leading causes of leg injuries among runners.

The first thing you need to do to find the best shoe for you is find a store in your area that focuses specifically on runners & running (preferably not a big chain sporting goods store) and ask for a shoe fitting. They should measure your foot in several different directions, watch you walk and run both barefoot and in shoes, and have you try on several different types of shoe. (If they don't do this, go somewhere else.) Take a little jog around the store in each to help you decide which is most comfortable. Don't worry about the brand, color, how they look, etc.; none of that matters. Go with the ones that feel best on your feet.

You can expect to pay anywhere from $60 - $150 for a quality pair of shoes. Price doesn't always correlate with quality; some shoes are more expensive because they are more complex to make, and some are more expensive because the brand is well-known and people are willing to pay more. I would say that you should be able to find a quality pair of shoes that are a good match for your feet for under $120. If you go to one store and they don't show you any shoes within your price range, I'd at least check a few other places. Alternatively, you could write down the names of the models they show you and check online to see if you can find a good deal.

Hope that helps - best of luck!
-




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Women's Running shoes!?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment