Friday, January 17, 2014

Does 'motion-control' in a running shoe really make a difference for someone with flat feet?

best running shoes with motion control
 on Running Shoes Expert
best running shoes with motion control image



h-nizzle


I've been searching the internet for a good pair of running shoes for someone with flat feet....I never knew what 'motion control' was before, but it's apparently a feature I should look for since I am flat-footed. But will it really make a difference, versus another shoe that doesn't have 'motion-control'?


Answer
It a different issue. Motion control is for people who tend to over-pronate or over-supinate (your foot rolls either to the inside or outside). Flat feet, while often associated with pronation, just means you need a shoe with a better arch support, or an after-market insert or orthotic. You might want to just try picking up some of those arch supports at a sporting goods store that are made for running shoes and substitute them for the stock insole in your current shoes to see if it helps. I use them in my shoes.

What type of running shoes would you recommend for a heavy person?




Black n Bl


I pronate, and the guy at the runner store said that I need stability running shoes. I am also 6'4 220 with a low arch and big feet. What say you? Do i need stability or motion control. My current shoes are Nike Shox and they make my feet hurt very quickly.


Answer
Try the Brooks Ghost or the Asics Gel Kayano. Both offer lots of cushion and support and are good if you over-pronate

Ghost:
http://www.finishline.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?productId=prod626580&Ntt=ghost&Ntk=all&isSearch=true&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ns=P_SalePrice%7C1&N=0

Kayano:
http://www.finishline.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?productId=prod619124&Ntt=kayano&Ntk=all&isSearch=true&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ns=P_SalePrice%7C1&N=0




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Does 'motion-control' in a running shoe really make a difference for someone with flat feet?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment