Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Can normal running shoes be used for cross country running?

nike women running shoes lightweight
 on Nike Womens NIKE FLEX EXPERIENCE RN WMNS RUNNING SHOES 8.5 Women US ...
nike women running shoes lightweight image



Mandy


I have a pair of women's nike running shoes and am going to join my school's cross country team in the fall. But I'm not sure if I have to get a pare of spikes for cross country of if I can just use my nike running shoes.

Help please?



Answer
If your Nike's are really light weight then they should be good...i would recommend against spikes...even though they are lightweight and flexable, crosscounty courses are sometimes set on concrete. annnd spikes on concrete is a no no.

Looking for a good brand of track spikes and long distance tennis shoes.?




Elisabeth


I am a 15 year old female long distance runner in both cross country and track. In track, I run the 800, 1600, and 3600m races. In cross country, I run the 3 mile. Because cross country races tend to have different landscapes (cement, rocks, dirt, and grass), I like to have tennis shoes. In track, I wear spikes. I'm looking for a brand of LIGHTWEIGHT good tennis shoes and LIGHTWEIGHT good track spikes. I don't have any specific feet problems, like a high arch or flat feet. I just want the shoes to be as lightweight as possible and a decent brand.
Thank you!



Answer
For cross country their are certain spikes that are specifically for cross country. Saucony is a good brand for those and all cross country spikes are lightweight. But if you want tennis shoes go with the Adidas shoe that is really light. Just ask the person in the shoe store about the really light Adidas'. For track I would go with the Nike woman's zoom rival 6 MD's. a few of my teammates have the same shoe but for guys and they love them.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can normal running shoes be used for cross country running?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment