Sunday, January 12, 2014

How many calories does one hour of walking burn?

best running shoes bad knees
 on Best Running Shoes For Bad Knees
best running shoes bad knees image



.


I am planning to walk one hour every day (or every other day if every day isn't necessary). I plan to walk briskly and quickly. Can I burn a good amount of calories doing this? I am trying not to run because I have been getting bad knee and ankle pain (I used to run 30-40 minutes) and I have good running shoes with cushion insoles.
3 miles



Answer
It really depends on how far you get in the hour

I want to start running again, but I have bad knees & ankles. What should I do?




hyprmandi0


I have had bad knees and ankles since junior high. I am now in college and want to start working out more. Specifically, I want to start running again. I've been running/jogging a mile about once a week, but my ankle gives out on me about half-way through (I usually power walk after that). I wear an ankle brace and a knee brace while running, and make sure to watch that I'm not running inappropriately. Is there maybe a certain kind of shoe I should be looking for? Any other suggestions?


Answer
I suggest Asics for shoes. I run 4 or 5 days a week and they are the only shoes that I like and they also last longer than the average shoe. Also, I just got this thing that goes under your knee called a "knee strap" they have them at Dick's Sporting Goods and it goes right under your knee cap to give you extra support.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How many calories does one hour of walking burn?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment