Monday, April 14, 2014

Force on a running shoe?




neesa o


Force on running shoes. The ratio of the force on the shoe
soles to the weight of a runner is 3 to 1. What force does a
130-pound jogger exert on the soles of her shoes?
need to show work



Answer
This is simple. Don't over think it;

130 lb jogger* 3 lbs on sole/1 lb wt of jogger = 390 lbf on sole of shoe

Any suggestions for running shoes?




Waltzing M


I am (at best) a novice jogger. I replaced the very old New Balance shoes I had for a pair of Asics (because everyone seems to swear by them). So I dropped $100 on a pair of Asics. Never before had shin splints been an issue for me. NEVER. I immediately felt discomfort in my shins when I would run - even walking quickly. I thought it was because I had not jogged - or even walked much - in so long. The last time I ran in those shoes I was literally writhing the pain of the shin splints.
I quit running, and for the longest time I was scared to start back up again.

I mostly ran outside on a dirt track or asphalt, and very little on a treadmill (with the Asics). The numbnuts who sold me the shoes even asked what kind of terrain I would be running on, and suggested the shoes. He didn't ask to see me jog or if I knew how I ran (I tend to run on the balls of my feet). I bought the shoes.

Fast-foward several months. For whatever reason, I ran barefoot on the treadmill. I was fine. I ran barefoot the entire week, and the only discomfort was blisters on the balls of my feet after an ambitious run. I put those freaking one-hundred-dollar shoes (!) on after I had the blisters, and imagine my anger when IMMEDIATELY felt the discomfort in my shins.

I don't mind paying $100 on shoes, if they are worth it. I know people suggest to trust the sales person, but I did that once and got screwed. I would like some suggestions so I can ask to try them out. I don't know if it matters, but I am most comfortable barefoot (I'm not flat-footed).

Thanks for all suggestions.



Answer
You most probably incurred the blisters because your feet are not conditioned to running barefoot. I run on my treadmill barefoot and have no problems at all. I go barefoot almost all the time away from work so I have developed calluses that allow me to use my treadmill barefoot. I think the blisters can be worked with, shin issues can be a lot worse.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Force on a running shoe?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment