Saturday, April 19, 2014

Running Shoes?

Q. Hi, I'm 14 years old, male, 100 pounds. I need help with my running shoes.

I don't have flat feet, I have an arch, sorry if I don't know specifics, but I definitely don't have flat feet.

I run a mile on alternating days, like Monday, Tuesday off, Wednesday, Thursday off, etc.

When I run I run on a treadmill, usually not inclined, but I plan to, and I run at 4 miles an hour, but am hoping to get better than that.

My major problem running is that my knee joints don't feel too great after running, it's not unbearable pain, just not pleasant.

Based on this information, even if it's little, can anyone help me decide between the following pairs of shoes?:

(ASICS) GEL-Kayano® 14
GEL-Nimbus® 9
BY THE WAY GEL-Nimbus® 9 IS OF ASICS BRAND TOO.
HERE IS THE SITE TO THE SHOES: http://www.asicsamerica.com/products/category.aspx?PARENT_CATEGORY_ID=250001538


Answer
What it comes down to is how much you pronate (ie. if and how much your ankle, knee, and hip line up when standing straight up barefoot. Just go to your local running store; the prices might be a bit higher than a big conglomerate like Sports Authority, but the employees will know exactly what you're looking for, so the extra pice is worth it. Knee pain while you're running can worsen over time, and cause tendonitis, and even muscle and ligament strains, so make sure you get the right pair of shoes.

What are good running shoes for a heavy male?

Q. I am gonna start walking/running and I need help with purchasing a good pair of shoes. Any good info is really appreciated. Also I am gonna exercise 5-6 days of the week so I need shoes that will last me a while. Thanx


Answer
For a heavy male like you, I would suggest that you use shoes that are quite good in cushion. . Because you are heavy, the weight that is being transferred in your foot strike/s will definitely be heavier too and wearing shoes which has a very good cushioned can prevent this.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Running Shoes?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment