Sunday, April 13, 2014

Doesn't it seems like the movie industry runs on recycling?




josh


Games like Halo are turned into movies, movies like Spiderman are turned into movie games.

Books like Lemony Snicket are turned into movies, that turn into books based on the movie.

Old TV shows are turned into movies, that are turned into a newer version of that TV show.

Hell, even COMMERCIALS like the Caveman from the Geico ones are turned into TV shows!

Don't even get me started on remakes, prequels, and sequels.

Can the movie industry keep an original idea in one place?



Answer
The Bible, an ANCIENT text, says that there is nothing new under the sun. I've seen various analyses on books, movies, etc. that they can ALL be reduced to I think 7 basic plot lines; e.g., man versus man, man versus nature, man versus self, and so on.

One of my ALL TIME favorite movies is The Player.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105151/

The movie is Robert Altman's send up of Holllywood filmaking and in particular how old ideas are recycled.

So OF COURSE you are right! But tell me, how is that any different than in other areas of capitalism? Didn't Pepsi follow Coke? Didn't 7-Up follow Pepsi? Didn't FLAVORED water follow water? Didn't Tylenol follow Bayer? Didn't house slippers follow shoes? Didn't shoes follow sandals? Didn't boogie boards follow surf boards, inline skates follow traditional skates? And on and on and on ad infinitum!

I lay these gauntlets at your feet:

1. Give me a TRULY unique or original idea on ANY subject under the sun? I betcha I can show you how it ties to this or relates to that!

2. Give me a TRULY unique plot line for a book or movie. I betcha I can show you how it is similar to this book or that movie.

3. Give me a TRULY unique idea for a new product or service. I betcha I can show you how it is similar to this or that product or service.

In general, they say, don't COMPLAIN about a problem, DO SOMETHING about it. IF everyone is cranking out a bunch of unoriginal rehashed trash then that should be your opening to do something totally fresh and new. If you can do it then you'll be rich my friend. Now the challenge is simple, sort of. Go prove that you can do it!

Do real men play frisbee barefoot and shirtless?




Barry


I always thought it was a lot more manly to take off shirt, shoes and socks on the sidelines and just play in boardies at the park. Makes me feel like a caveman running around the grass field. :-)


Answer
I always thought it was more manly anyway. I love the way a guy looks when he's barefoot and shirtless, especially if he has a great tan too.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Doesn't it seems like the movie industry runs on recycling?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment