Friday, April 18, 2014

Running shoes?




soccersobc


I just have a few questions about running shoes.

1 Is it really worth blowing a hundred dollars for a pair of running shoes?(I a 14 year old with little cash to spend on such expensive shoes)For example, has anyone bought cheap shoes and ended up being injured because of the shoes?

2 How often should a runner replace his/her shoes?(I usually run about 4 miles five days a week)

3 What is the running shoe for the money?



Answer
I work at a specialty running store in California and im also a competitive runner. I have worked with running shoes for years and know that brands like asics, brooks, new balance, nike, misuno, adidas, sacony and a few others have great long distance running shoes. It all depends on what type of shoe you need (neutral, stability and motion control) and how you want it to feel. If you over pronate (your feet and/or ankle role inward) than you need a shoe with some stability (stability=grey material on the inner arch of the shoe or with mizuno is more radical wave like on the Inspire) to support your foot so it can run neutrally. A neutral shoe has white all around the base and is for people who supinate (roll out while toeing off) or for people who donât over pronate. Motion control is for people who over pronate like crazy or for rare conditions like surgery on the foot.

Each brand caries all three types of shoes; they just feel different for each brand.
Asics and Brooks are two brands that have a happy medium feel where most of the population will buy a shoe from them so itâs safe to by from them and if you donât like them; try New Balance.

Fit:
This is a list of what foot type usually works with each brand (this is not always right, but it is most of the time).
Adidas: high arch
Sacony: high arch
Nike: normal to high arch
Asics: normal to high arch
Brooks: normal to low arch
Mizunno: normal to low arch
New Balance: low arch

Price:
When you buy a running shoe the price should be about $85 and up for a new style. If you go to an all-a-round sports store, the shoe should cost $65 and up unless youâre buying an Asics 2110 for $45. The shoes around $85 dollars and up usually are lighter and last longer. A good place to buy shoes is the running center or www.runningcenters.com
(all online orders are 10% off)


Shoe life:
Depending on your weight and how you run, the shoe should last about 400-500 miles until you need a new pair. Running on worn-out shoes is one of the best ways to get injured. I have see shoes last about 900, but donât chance it.

I have a high arch and a couple shoes work for me.
I currently run in asics (DS trainers), nike (Vomero), New Balance (1061) with a DS trainer liner. I race in adidas (adizero). I still want a pair of the new brooks (Adrenalin) and I know they work for me and feel good.
I use different shoes for different workouts; thatâs why I have so many (I also work at a running store so get a BIG discount and some are free for testing^_^).

What are some good running shoes that will support my arches?




Amber


After I workout I get a horrible aching pain in the arches of my feet.
I want to start running properly so I need some different shoes to the ones im using now. Can anyone recommend a good pair of running shoes that will support my arches?

I am looking for specific trainers so links would be much appreciated.

P.S. I live in England, UK so no american sites please.

Thanks!



Answer
In order of the ones that have worked best for me...Brooks, New Balance, Asics, Adidas.
Each has its strong points, but you need to try them on to see. My wife loves the Asics gel shoes.
Check out the Brooks website ; they will help you determine what type of shoe you need. If you have a good specialty shoe store...a running store, they may have knowledgeable folks who can help you. Be ready to pay for a good pair, they are not the cheapest things to put on your feet...but your feet are worth it. When you have put 500 miles or so on them, they can still be used for other things, like walking ! Most runners I know get about three to five months out of a pair.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Running shoes?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment