Thursday, April 17, 2014

what athletic shoes seem to be best for arch and heel support?




DrPepperme





Answer
It's important that you know your gait type before you buy any shoes.

There are 3 types out there. Flat or normal, cushion, and motion control. If you over pronate, you need motion control, and if you underpronate, you need cushion. If you have a normal gait, then you need a normal shoe.

Depending on the type of shoe, it will have various amount and types of arch support.

In general, if you have a high arch, you need cushion shoes, and if you have a low arch or flat feet, you need motion control.

If you are running, you should go to Yahoo! YellowPages and look up "Running shoes" and go to a local store that will watch you run in the shoe you buy. They will make sure you have minimal pronation to save you from repetitive stress injuries.

You need to be sure you're getting the right type of shoe for your activity too.

Then, if you need additional support for your arch and heel, you should get some inserts or even custom orthotics.

Running shoes in general will have more arch and heel support than other shoes because your heel strikes the ground so hard when you're running.

Can you put arch supports inside dance shoes?




Cute T


ALL dance shoes? Even Pointe shoes an those shoes they use for Irish step dancing?? My Doc just told me that I have low arches and I'll be tearing my body up if I don't wear arch supports. Will having low arches and wearing arch supports hinder my dancing?? Will i be able to without tearing myself up?? Are there ways that dancers can "fix" low arches?? I hear them talk about arches from time to time, but I wasn't even thinking about my arches then so i didn't listen.

Help? Advice? I'm going to ask my doctor about it next time i see him (which is soon), but i was wondering what the dancers do in a situation like that. :)
Boy, am I glad that I mostly do Tap, lol.



Answer
You have the arch in your foot that you are born with, and dancing will only make that arch stronger, which should be a good thing. A low arch, is different from an inflexible arch. It could mean that your feet are "too flexible." You can wear your arch supports in tap, and character shoes, but not in soft shoes. You should see a physical therapist who deals with athletes, and learn how to "wrap" your arch properly, with athletic tape, to support your arches. If you try this yourself, you will probably just cut off the circulation in your feet. You MUST use FLEXIBLE athletic tape, which is usually flesh colored, as opposed to the white tape used to wrap ankles, etc.
As for pointe shoes just choose one with a very strong shank. You may be able to order a double shank shoe. You should ask your ballet teacher for advice on pointe shoes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what athletic shoes seem to be best for arch and heel support?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment