Thursday, April 17, 2014

What's the difference between running shoes and walking shoes?




inoffensiv


I have committed myself to training for a long distance marathon walk for a charitable cause, and I also walk for fitness/weight loss. As part of my training, I occasionally sprint while I am walking, but by no means consider myself a runner. I've been looking to buy some decent shoes, under $100, and am confused about the difference between running and walking shoes. If I buy a good running shoe, will there not be enough support for walking? If I buy a good walking shoe, will it be too bulky for my occasional sprints?

I'm middle aged and overweight, so I know that good shoes will make a huge difference on how my knees and hips feel after a walk/run.

So with that all said, does anyone have any suggestions on picking out a good pair of athletic shoes?



Answer
its better to buy running shoes for long distance walking.
Walking shoes are basically just casual shoes, not meant for any athletisisim (even if it is just walking).
Puma shoes are walking shoes, but some of their brands have support for more active walking.
Running shoes are built for support and comfort and made to "conform" to your actual shape of the foot.
when you pick out athletic shoes, the brand only depends on your foot.
For example, some people really like the company "Asics" but they do not suit my arch well. Nike, however, is the best shoe for me and they feel comfortable and so natural.
When walking, you want a shoe that is light weight. Youre gonnna be walking as much as you can, so you dont want extra bulk to weigh oyu down.
Some walking shoes, however, are fine to walk in. But, if you want to sprint, i suggest running shoes so you dont hurt your feet in any way.
(Scince you are not an experienced runner and you dont know the perfect technique for running, walking shoes might increase damages like your ankle twisting the wrong way.)

On the box, you should see the word "running shoe". Most good companies vary from 60-90 dollars.
They will last a long time.
Try not to buy shoes with any "windows" or clear openings in the heel.
They will add extra tension and increase the risk of injury.
sorry if my answer isnt the most perfect explanation, but you can email me for any questions :)

Where's the best/more affordable place to buy running shoes?




Rachel


I really need new sneakers/running shoes. I want quality shoes, but for an affordable price...
I'm thinking brands such as Adidas, New Balance, Brooks, etc. and under $100. (and no internet sites, I want to be able to try them on)
Thanks!



Answer
stores like big 5 sell brand name running shoes and they are all under 100 dollars.

i got my training shoes there for like 40 when they were on sale and they always have a couple different shoes on sale every time you go. they change it periodically.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What's the difference between running shoes and walking shoes?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment