Sunday, May 18, 2014

what is the best Nike running shoes for beginners?




Joe Kerr


money is not an issue, I use Nike Dual Fusion Run, so far they are great but I'm venturing to other model too. suggestions please.


Answer
Go to a running shoe store and say you want running shoes, period. They should have you run in a shoe to see how you run, which would indicate what type of shoe you need. Once they have an idea of what you need they should pull out several models and have you try them for comfort, have you put both pairs on and jog around the store or in the street to see which you like best. They should be half a size to a full size larger than your street shoes. If you go to a shoe store and they don't ask to see you run first thing to get an idea of your needs, find another store.
Good luck!

Are barefoot running shoes good for a beginner?




Nicci37


I want to take up running & I want lightweight shoes to do it in. I'm thinking barefoot shoes would fit the bill, but it's been several years since I've ran & even back then I wasn't much of a runner. As well, someone told me barefoot shoes will make my feet get wider. Is this true? And would they be good for a beginner runner? Thanks so much!


Answer
No, NEVER WEAR BAREFOOT RUNNING SHOES, it may seem helpful since all the products say they will help prevent injuries, etc. However, all they do is cause injuries. If you want to take up running don't start running with barefoot running shoes, you'll be injured before Track or XC season. Yes, they do EVENTUALLY help prevent injuries but you'll have to run real slow in the barefoot shoes and for long periods of time to finally reach a point where your feet and legs are used to running "barefooted". That will usually takes years (2-5 year). Just run in comfortable running/training shoes. I've known people who ran in barefoot shoes and they get nothing but injuries, eventually they decide it wasn't worth it and start wearing n regular running shoes. I run 16:33 5k, 4:51 mile, and 10:25 3200m, 48.59 400m and I've never worn barefoot shoes. I guarantee you, you'll have a much better start in running without them.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what is the best Nike running shoes for beginners?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment