Sunday, June 8, 2014

Where would you rather move?




someguy29


So to cut a long story short, I've about had it with Edmonton and really Alberta in general. Not that I don't love this city (it's home after all), but I just need to get out. I want to go to a new city and start up a whole new life; I want to start fresh.

I'm thinking either Toronto or Vancouver.

I still want to be in a big city. Money isn't really a problem as I run my own business out of my home, and it would be relatively easy to just pick everything up and move the business with me. And as far as cost of living goes, it's gotten pretty damn high here, so I'd be accustomed to paying more for things - even after factoring in PST, etc. I don't have much family, just friends. I love the rain, so Vancouver would be perfect in the winter, but I also love snow (but not necessarily the extreme cold), so that's just another thing that makes we want to go for Toronto.

I'm just looking for some advice and suggestions. And in addition, can you suggest another place besides Toronto or Vancouver?



Answer
I would narrowly pick Toronto, though I really like both cities. If you also like outdoors activities, then Vancouver is your best bet (Hiking, fishing, skiing).

If I were in your shoes, though, it would be Montreal or QC. You want a fresh start? Montreal is culturally unique and very different from Edmonton.

Would you buy semi-custom, hand-made sandals for $50? Need business to pick up!?




xamayca.co


Would you buy semi-custom, hand-made sandals for under $50? Need help marketing my product.?
I have a beautiful pair of sandals that I've owned for over 10 years and thought that they would be a sure hit. So far I've had great reviews of the products (which are hand-crafter and very high quality), but not too many sales. What's a great way to bring custom shoes to the American (and other ) masses?
Mostly requesting success stories from others who've run import/export or custom product companies. Also channel strategies? Retail vs. Wholesale?

Feeback on pricing also welcome!



Answer
I'm not a business type person. This is just an Idea.
Where I live (Edmonton) there are shoe and leather goods repair stores in the malls. These have a couple of those heavy sewing machines and sell heavy sewing and resoling etc. They also sell a small range of products like wax,polish ,dyes, laces and quites often a small range of slippers.
Now here is the thing,Most of them around me also carry a line of custom moccasins, native made. These are not the real high grade art store or museum grade stuff but are more like comfortable slipper and casual wear stuff. The pricing is not K-mart but it is not super expensive either. These small shops often have some extra wall or shelf and like interesting product to display. If it is something that does not cost much in storage,or care, and can move enough to pay for itself. they might be interested. Again they seem to be looking for unique products that catch peoples eyes and attract them to the main service, these are not shoe stores but niche marketeers, selling a service.
I have also seen some stores with a small display of spiked ice gripping outer soles that you strap on for walking in icy conditions(our sidewalks are bad for that in winter)which come in three sizes, don't take much space to display, and in this case are seasonal. I wish I had some great and guaranteed ideas to offer, but this is all for now. I have no idea how they figure out the selling arrangement(commission, wholesale or consignment) or if it is done as space rental.
And if I was looking for sandals you bet I would buy a decent pair for under 50 bucks, the ones they sell for over a hundred are all mass product and I have big feet so I can't wear them.Thats another Idea, try one of those Hiking type stores, their customers are cash rich, and if they are like me then they are very dissatisfied with the selection of footwear, and I am a member of a Mountain Equipment Co-op. The sandals all suck that they can get, to small and wrong shape, my toes are not pointy, why should my boots be(Except my riding boots and even not them usually). If I could find sandals like the pair a friend brougt me from the Middle east years ago I would buy them in a flash, never knew what country she got them from, Israel I think.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where would you rather move?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment