Wednesday, November 27, 2013

How to get rid of plantar fasciitis fast ?

best walking shoes plantar fasciitis
 on Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis: Do They Exist? - Comfortable Shoes ...
best walking shoes plantar fasciitis image



Lilian P


I am a track runner and I felt a sharp pain on the arch of my right foot two days ago when I was practicing. I found out that it could have been plantar fasciitis and I really need to get rid of it because I have a track meet in a week and need to practice. The pain is unbearable, and I don't think I can handle it when running long distance. Please help, how can I heal it as fast as possible ?


Answer
Hello,

First of all I am sorry that you have this pain, it must be frustrating.

It is difficult to say exactly if this is indeed what you are suffering from.
In order to diagnose you better please answer these questions:

1) Do you have pain in your heel as well?
2) Do you have high or low arches?
3) What kind of shoes you usually wear? (when not running)
4) How long are you a track runner?
5) Does it hurt worse first thing in the morning?
6) Is there any visible bruising or redness?
7) Is it painful to the touch?

Here are a few things you can do right now:

1) Ice your arch at least 4 times a day, either by applying ice directly or by rolling a frozen bottle under your heel and arch when you sit down.

2) Avoid walking/running on your hurt heel/foot for a few days.

3) Wrap it up with an ace bandage.

4) Purchase custom made orthotics that you can wear in your running shoes.

Again, if you can answer my questions I would be happy to assist you further.
You can write to me directly if you prefer, my email is in my Yahoo profile or itaiw@yahoo.com

Feel Better

Is it possible that Im done with my plantar fasciitis?




Face on Fi


I started running long distances races this year and had horrible plantar fasciitis to the point where I couldnt walk after races or for 5 days after a race. I kept it going and found that walking and a slight job would make it easier to use that foot. I never stopped training, adopted some different stretching techniques and have gone about 3 months without an injury. I would get it after runs longer than 5 miles, now I run 16 miles pain free, are my feet and muscles used to it now?
I would take IB profeun (or however its spelled)
No different socks, wraps, braces, etc.
I would do foot stretches (hard to explain) by turning my feet, pulling toes, foot massages with a spiked ball.

Walking more often and then joggin would stretch my foot out and eventually it went away.
I wonder if I had it too. There is a podiatrist that shows up once a week at our local running store (Fleet Feet) and he said that I had Plantar Fasciitis. I could not walk when I woke up, but I felt better the more I used the injured foot. It would loosen up the tendons and muscles in my foot, kind of like a back injury or pulled muscle.



Answer
I wonder if you really had Plantar Fasciitis! My God, I have had it twice and it floored me both times; 8 months of no running the first time, 5 months the second. Shoot, I couldn't even stand in one place for more than 10 seconds. Check this out:
http://heelspurs.com/index.html

I'm glad you didn't suffer as much as I did in any case.

My advice is to really research your shoes and maybe even consult a podiatrist (do not agree to surgery). If your heels are at an angle (like mine) that may put pressure on your tendon. For me, I ran too far in one pair of shoes and did too much hill training; also, I should have taken a five day break every six weeks. When I started doing this, I was amazed at how many little injuries would emerge that I never felt! Those endorphins are strong and can cover a lot of pain. Taking time off allows those little things to heal properly.

The good news is that I have not had a third relapse in the last three years in part thanks to that web site. Taping the soles of my feet worked wonders!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to get rid of plantar fasciitis fast ?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment