Monday, January 27, 2014

Best running shoes for narrow and flat feet?

best running shoes support
 on Running Tips For New Runners | Run The Line.com
best running shoes support image
Q. I have very flat feet (very flat arches) and very long, narrow feet. I have always had a problem finding secure running shoes that support my arches into the correct position, and are snug around my entire foot.

I have knee problems because of this, so a good running shoe will help prevent furthur injury to my knees and feet.

Do you know of any running shoes that specilise in shoes for flat footed runners?


Answer
You need in insert to correct your flat feet, either something off the self or made by a foot doctor.
New Balance makes shoes with widths just like street shoes so you can find your size in that brand.

what is a good running shoe meant for runners and has ankle support?

Q. I currently run in high top basketball shoes because they're the only things that give me proper ankle support. I am wondering if there is some kind of ankle supporting running shoe? I need ankle support because I broke my ankle a few years back and without the support I cannot exercise as hard.


Answer
Basketball shoes provide lateral support. They protect your ankle by limiting any left to right motion. When running you really don't need that type of support. What you do need is a shoe that supports your foot (and therefore everything above it) based on how you run.

You need to get fitted at a specialty running store that can tell you what type of support you need (motion control, stability, or a neutral shoe). Once you know that you can pick out the proper shoe with the most cushioning, which will help protect your ankle from the stresses caused by running.

Then try to run on smooth, flat surfaces. Avoid trails, concrete sidewalks, and rough or crowned roads and take corners easy and you should be fine. You can wear a separate ankle sleeve which may help a tiny bit and you can also work on building up the muscles that support your ankle which will help a lot.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best running shoes for narrow and flat feet?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment