Sunday, January 26, 2014

Help me pick a running shoe?

best running shoes pronation womens
 on picture the darker areas show the wear on the outsole of a right shoe ...
best running shoes pronation womens image



SarahPants


I'm a girl. 18. My dad said if I tried running he would buy me shoes, so I'm a beginner. I've never run before. I found 3 pairs I like. They're all comfy.
Women's Merrel Bare Access Arc.
Men's Skechers GOrun (Didn't have women's GO run in my size)
Women's Skechers Sport.
Which of these would be best? The GOrun ones seem comfiest. But I like the other two, also.
The Merrells and GOruns are minimalist shoes, I think.
I tried on Brooks and Adidas too, and these were my top 3 choices.
The Merrells and GOruns are minimalist shoes, I think.
I tried on Brooks and Adidas too, and these were my top 3 choices.



Answer
Good shoes are absolutely key to avoiding injuries while running. Every person's foot is different, and if you pick the wrong shoe for your foot you're going to start seeing ankle, knee, calf, thigh, hip, and shin problems. Everybody runs differently and you need to find a shoe that matches your running style that's why I don't strongly suggest buying Adidas, New Balance, Nike, and especially Sketchers. Because even though the shoes look cool they are made with a one-size-fits-all format and have a very neutral sole, and also, just because a shoe is comfy doesn't mean its good for you. I suggest going with a minimalist shoe, if you don't know what that is picture a pair of track spikes without spikes, these shoes are very light and comply more with your natural running style helping you avoid any more leg injuries.

Try looking here: http://www.brooksrunning.com/womens-pureproject-shoes/womens-runningshoes-pure,default,sc.html

Selecting a good pair of running shoes comes down to pronation. This term simply refers to the degree your foot rotates toward the inside when you run. There are two kinds of runners: One who has too much pronation (whose foot rotates too much while running) and one who has insufficient pronation (whose foot barely rotates inward when running). The best way to get a pair that is right for you is by visiting a shoe store that emphasizes selling running shoes. These stores usually have a knowledgeable staff that will even let you try running around in the shoe. The employees at the stores are usually very helpful and knowledgeable and will help you pick out a shoe that is right for you. Hope that helps! Feel free to message me if you have anymore questions!

Well, I would go with the minimalist shoe. In the long run it's going to be a lot better on your arches and legs. So, if you like both the minimalist shoes then just pick the one that feels better on your feet and arches. Jog around in them a little, you should feel like your feet are restricted and your arches shouldn't feel like they're being elevated. After that it just comes down to personal preference.

Is a neutral shoe with an insole enough for mild pronation in my gait?




ChickPea


I had my gait assessed yesterday and the woman at the running store said that I don't need a full stability shoe as I have only mild pronation, but that she didn't recommend a neutral shoe. My pronation is very mild and only in one of my feet. I really want these shoes:

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:101117/sku:312995/adidas-adizero-boston-2-womens/radiant-red/black/&SID=5504&inceptor=1&cm_mmc=SEO-_-Feeds-_-Froogle-_-null

But am wondering if a neutral shoe with a smartfeet insole to add support would be enough. I'm training for a 1/2 marathon in October of this year and a full marathon next year. The majority of my races are 10k's.



Answer
If you have a custom insert you are always better off using a neutral shoe.
Whether a neutral shoe with a store bought insert works, depends on your foot.
Since you have mild pronation neutral shoes should work for you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Help me pick a running shoe?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment