Tuesday, February 18, 2014

life time of a running shoe?




od


I run 3 miles, 5 times a week, with a pair of new balance running shoes


Answer
Generally, change your shoes AT MINIMUM every 500 miles--some people say every 300-500 miles. If you are running at a lower intensity (less hills, slower, etc), I'd say you can go with the 500 miles. However, if you suffer an injury (shin splints, ITBS, etc), change your shoes--that will probably solve your problem, after recovery.

SO if you run 15 miles a week, you should change your shoes every 33 weeks. I've been running for 15 years, and I just am getting through an injury from not changing my shoes in time.

I have flat feet but have a neutral gait. Does anyone have any running shoe reccomendations for this?




ERIC L


I am currently running on a pair of Mizuno Wave Creations and they seem to work ok. I'd like to find something better. A short run (3-4 miles) causes pain on the lateral aspect, near the 5th metatarsal. A longer run (6-9 miles) yields mild calcaneal pain during the first 3 miles, but then subsides. As far as I can tell, I don't overpronate or underpronate.

A year and a half ago, I experienced similar symptoms while training for a marathon, but the pain was intermittent. I used the same line of shoes. (reccommended from a local running store)

I've tried various inserts with no improvement. I haven't experienced any hip pain. I have experienced ITBS due to overtraining (left knee only). I suspect that my current foot pain may stem from footwear. I haven't been able to find a suitable shoe. Any suggestions?



Answer
I now only run with the Nike Air Max 360. It cushions your foot with air on the entire bottom of the foot, minimizing painful pressure points. Also, my boyfriend has flat feet, and now wears the arch insoles, that will help gradually build an arch.
These insoles are metal, and strap to your feet under your socks when you run. We run a lot, and they seem to really help. I think for optimal results, do both, the insoles and the shoes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: life time of a running shoe?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment