Wednesday, February 19, 2014

what is the physics related to running shoes?




goodandbro


please give as much detail as possible.


Answer
Running shoes?

It's your running form that matters when it comes to running efficiency. For someone with a biomechanically perfect running form, shoes only need to protect the feet from broken glass and gravel.

But since those people are few and far between...running shoes are designed for people with 6 things in mind...
Is their footstrike, neutral, heel strike or forefoot strike -- and cushioning is provided in the appropriate place(s).
Does the person pronate, supinate or neutral with regard to arch stability. Again, cushioning is provided in the appropriate places.

So for example you could have a shoe designed for someone with a heel strike that supinates or pronates. (turns foot inside or outside when they run).

Running shoes are designed for about 6 types of runners with regard to foot striking and form. Then there's weight and terrain specific shoes --- e.g. ultra light racers and racing spikes or trail running shoes.

What kind of running shoes should I wear? Stability vs Neutral.?

Q. I went to Road Runner and they said my left ankle goes inward a lot so I need stability shoes. I've bought stability type running shoes before and they make my left ankle hurt. Then I switched to neutral shoes and they gave me big calluses, and now I'm back to Stability shoes like they told me to do but my left ankle still hurts a lot when I run. I've tried New Balance but the last type of shoes that I bought were Mizuno shoes.

Thank you!


Answer
i would choose stability shoes if you are over-pronating inwards, since stability shoes are designed to help runners not to pronate so much when they run.
i sugest you try sacouney hurricane 12's or hurricane 13's for the best stability shoe.

http://www.runningcompanyshoes.com/SauconyHurricane-12.html

also sacouney progrid guide (1-4) offer great control and stability.

http://www.runningcompanyshoes.com/SauconyGuide.html

Brooks revenna are said to be the bet stability shoes.

http://www.runningcompanyshoes.com/BrooksRavenna.html

if you want a shoe that will give you some support in the way of stability-ness you should try sacouney ride. they are a neautral shoe but i feel that they offer good support. (not as much as the ones listed above though)

http://www.runningcompanyshoes.com/SauconyRide.html

bottom line. i love stability shoes. so i'm going to recomend you to those lol




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what is the physics related to running shoes?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment