Tuesday, February 18, 2014

hi. I need advice on running shoes.?







I Have just started running and need some advice on the best trainers to buy. My feet roll out to the side slightly, and my calf muscles hurt because of this. I'm also quite heavy footed. I'm going to the states tomorrow and ill probably be looking in Niketown but totally clueless as what to buy !! help would be appreciated..


Answer
You need to get fitted in a running specialty shop.

If your feet are rolling outward, that's supination. However, being "heavy footed" normally goes with overpronation and flat arches.

Anyway, someone needs to see and assess you in person. Based on your individual arch, pronation, distances, surfaces, etc., they should be able to narrow your most likely options down, and then you'll have up to maybe a half dozen models to try on. Pay attention to function first and foremost, and worry about things like brand and price at the very end. Also don't be surprised when you need different sizes in different models, and when most if not all aren't the same size you wear in normal shoes. It's good if you can bring along the shoes (and socks) you currently use.

And things like Niketown, Big 5, Sports Authority, Foot Locker, etc., aren't running specialty shops.

What kind of running shoe should I get? Neutral, supination, or overpronation?




Laura Mae


Here are some pictures of my foot (lol) I'm pretty sure I fall in the Supination category because I have such a high arch and when I run it does seem like my feet swing out, but I'd just like to get some feedback from some runners to check me.

Pictures:
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb83/lauramae88/Photo299.jpg
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb83/lauramae88/Photo297.jpg

Yes, my heels are pretty red in one picture, that's from wearing a bad pair of heels all day, not from my new running shoes.

Which bring me to my question about this new purchase. They are Saucony's "Grid Stratos 2" for only $40. I'm a college student just getting into running for the first time and I want to make sure I don't cause myself an injury due to picking the wrong shoes, but I also don't want to go above my budget which is $50.00.
Here is a link to a conversation about my shoes, although this guy's foot is flatter than mine and he needs a stability shoe. I'm hoping in my case, these will be okay to run in, not just walk around in like him. They do feel amazing when I have them on even though I know it's a shoe only made for Big Five. I'm surprised that Big Five has this arrangement with other companies! Why wonder they are so affordable! Too bad this means that quality isn't as good, right?

http://www.runnersworld.com/community/forums/index.jsp?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3AShoes+and+StuffForum%3A687106477Discussion%3A9911001822


ATTENTION: Here is some AWESOME links for beginner runners trying to answer the same question for THEMSELVES:

http://www.zappos.com/runningfitguide.zhtml
http://www.runningwarehouse.com/LearningCenter/PickShoe.html



Answer
I certainly understand the need to maintain a budget but cheap running shoes are like a cheap parachute, you are taking your chances (obviously with lesser consequences).

To purchase shoes go in to a running shoe store and say you want running shoes, period. They would have you run in a shoe to see how you run. Once they have an idea of what you need they should pull out several models and have you try them for comfort, have you put both pairs on and jog around the store to see which you like best. They will probably should be half a size to a full size larger than your street shoes. And thatâs it! If you go to a shoe store and they don't ask to see you run first thing to get an idea of your needs, find another store.
Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: hi. I need advice on running shoes.?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment