Sunday, April 27, 2014

What is the security like at Electric Daisy Carnival?




PowderyHip


I'm going to Electric Daisy 2012 in Las Vegas and I'm wondering what the security has been like in the past years. X rays, metal detectors, strip search? Haha


Answer
Having been to EDC several years (including Las Vegas this past year), I can give you the true run down on security. You get there and are immediately seperated into groups of guys and girls. Girls lines are typically shorter as girls aren't usually checked as thoroughly like the males (prob due to their tendency to wear hardly any garmets thus lowering chances of sneaking in weapons etc). Pat downs include a full check of your bag (can't be bigger than 10" x 10"), emptying all your pockets, occasionally you have to remove your shoes, remove hats/bandanas. They will pat up both legs, inseam of crotch, under your pants waistline, up your sides and under the armpits. If you are trying to sneak something in, have a girl stash it or tape it up against your crotch. There are no dogs, metal detectors or xray machines. Do yourself a favor a buy a shuttle pass as well if you're staying on the strip. It's easy, safe and convenient. Be sober when entering the venue and just be nice and you shouldn't have any problems. Once inside, security will not bother you unless you do something majorly stupid. ENJOY! It's the best event!

Chances of Army ROTC Scholarship?

Q. Alright, so I'm a rising junior in high school. I have wanted to join the Army for a long time and recently began putting serious research into finding out if this is a viable career for me. I am going to be 16 in November, so I will be able to make the 17 years old age requirement (I skipped a grade). A few things about me:

I am very intelligent, I have a 4.0 GPA, all-honors/AP and have been my entire life (meaning I've never gotten lower than an A), and I go to a very rigorous high school.

I have not yet taken my ACT/SAT yet, I will be taking those this upcoming year, but many practice exams I've taken show I will score about a 33 on the ACT.

I have (and am going to have) a lot of community service. My high school requires at least 200 service hours and I plan on going more, I love the community, one of the reasons I want to join the Army.

I am also pretty in shape and have been designing a plan over the next year to get a faster mile time (I'm at like 8:00 now which I would like to improve).

Finally, I am involved in lots of extracurricular activities (Math Team, Robotics, Computer Science Team, a leadership program, tutoring, and I am hoping to make varsity baseball and golf).

I'm just wondering what my chances of the scholarship are because this is something I really want to do. Thanks a lot in advance everyone!


Answer
Everything sounds great except for the lack of participation in athletics so far and the mile time. An 8:00 mile time for a fifteen and a half year old guy is considered somewhat below average shape as far as aerobic fitness.
As an example, for West Point Candidates, the average for males for the one mile run is 6:43. The max score is 5:20.
http://wa1.westpointaog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/CFA-Instructions.pdf
Get involved in some sport starting this Fall. Start running on a regular basis.
Good running program:
http://www.nrotc.navy.mil/pdfs/pre-conditioning.pdf
More advanced, after finishing program above. [See especially, running shoes and 90 day prep program]:
https://www.trngcmd.usmc.mil/OCS/caninfo/fitprep/default.aspx
Rotc Scholarship Selection Committees, Universities, Service Academies would rather see leadership positions in one or two activities than light involvement in a lot of extracurricular activities. A lot of community service is not needed. The amount required to join NHS is a good guide. Around 2/3 of each service academy class were NHS members. The military considers NHS membership to be a sign of leadership. Might also want to consider West Point as West Point Cadets have a better chance of attaining their desired branch as compared to Rotc Cadets and don't have to compete for Active duty versus being commissioned to the Reserves.
http://www.career-satisfaction.army.mil/wp_branch_slides.html
Apply for SLS in December, there is a chance of being selected if participate in a Fall Sport and if a 33 Act score is earned this Fall. Better chance at Usna summer seminar.
The answer at the following link describes the path to a service academy appointment:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylv=3?qid=20120125193024AA11LUr
The path to earning an Rotc Scholarship is similar. Selection panels for both are looking for Scholar-Athlete-Leaders. Competing for an Rotc Scholarship and a Service Academy appointment increases chances for both as the military considers the ultimate goal of a Candidate should be to serve as a military officer regardless of service branch or commissioning source.
Chances of admission at a highly selective university are dependent on scoring well not only on the Act or Sat but also the three Sat Subject Exams:
http://www.collegeconfidential.com/academic_index.htm/
Start prepping for the Sat and Act. The Sat Math section tests Alg 1, Alg 2 and Geo. The Act Math section tests Alg 1, Alg 2, Geo and Trig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwGf32_CU70
West Point....
v=pUPJ9oKm3WQ v=ziuUr_golNc v=UV9b5XaDZrA v=tdSzwmIuGgA
v=kWySPSpAhPo v=oAadvbQAmTQ v=WiswSQlarrE v=fjQ3lgufhbE v=-MpuEWkmQt8
v=RPEwImGe_Tc v=S6nwqLGPdNg v=iGwufM0VPJQ v=N2vKUZ0AeHM v=a3mQBW2Cusw
Usafa....
v=IpNFCPJwJAc v=Aum_f2saWhE v=an280UnEEio v=2Swh9xAJmzE v=UUR-1oxXMHs v=DLiTx6XENqk
v=DZ4nCIihbx0 v=awaGFgsHD9A v=MAZ9nrWWxkA v=j47SdktGqZs v=Kwg5hPcqat4
Usna....
v=uLQBIkHNNs4 v=y3UoV-f3dMs v=QzXUPK8vUwc v=V6HW66XViU8 v=gvFXOQoeTDQ v=xMXTokapNbc v=UgOSYm_KWis v=aBcSqJLKTn0 v=xMXTokapNbc v=RMKjDYKs994
v=g3dtQ5noQ9k
Good Luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the security like at Electric Daisy Carnival?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment