Thursday, May 1, 2014

top 3 brands for running shoes to train and top 3 brands for spikes?

Q. i have overpronators and need stability. but it doesnt matter that much for spikes.


Answer
For Running shoes. Brooks last the longest miles wise at around 800 miles before wearing down. Asics go the second longest at 600. Now I run personally in New Balance Zips because they train you for meets as they're heavier on your feet and make you work harder but come race day with your spikes nothing feels better. Nike RUNNING SHOES DO NOT LAST.As for spike brands I'd start with Asics as number one spikes. Brooks are also very good. Nikes are what I personally wear but I've tried others to see how they feel on my feet.

running shoes??????????????????????????/?

Q. which are best??? i like new balance but i heard asics are best and suprisingly i also heard nike are some of the worst


Answer
Aha! Running shoes again - a common question but one with no correct answer that I can give (or in fact that many people can give). Since it is so common, here is the answer I normally give - I'lol add The best running shoes are the ones that fit YOUR feet and not my feet. This might sound obvious however many people will look at the brand and model (and looks) and make a decision before they even see if the shoe fits. This includes asking people for advice on running shoes - decision made before they see the trainers. (As an aside - would you buy a house or a car without seeing it?).

Everyone runs in a slightly different way, and are built slightly differently so this means that what fits me well won't necessarily fit you. Most shoe manufacturers make their shoes to a different 'last' or former for the shoe - and that means that each make is slightly differently sized.

So really you have to go to a running shop and try a few pairs on from different manufacturers and see which one fits you well. Get the help of the assistant in the shop (it is what they are there for and if they serve you well then you have a good chance of getting your next pair there - good service really does count).

All the top brands will last you well, approximately 500 miles of running which sounds a lot but it is really three, 3 mile runs a week for a year. I would change my shoes every year (normally in January when the sales are on!!).

If you are just starting to run then I would try the first few runs with trainers that you have in the house before paying for new ones - just to make sure that you can actually run. Then when you have decided that running is for you then go for a new pair.a bit more on the end as well.




Best or worst depends on how they fit your feet - the best fit like a glove and you have no problems with them, the worst cut in, cause blisters, and ankle, shin and knee problems - but these are indicidual to you and the model of shoe. My best shoe was a New Balance a few years ago, my current NB cut in a little sometimes - and are the worst I have bought from them (however I would still buy theirs again - just a bad choice by me) - same brand different designs. I also have Saucony which are comfortable for me, I have tried Reebok and Nike so all I can say is try a few pairs on and see.


As an aside Ascics Gel Kinesis always come out top but you would expect them to be for a £100+ trainer




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: top 3 brands for running shoes to train and top 3 brands for spikes?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment