Saturday, November 16, 2013

What type of shoes do I need for walking?

best walking shoes overpronation
 on Best Women's Walking Shoes for 2013: The Best Rated Walking Shoes for ...
best walking shoes overpronation image



dovernomor


So I've decided to get in shape and have started walking around a mile in the mornings. As my health and endurance improves I plan to walk further and incorporate jogging into my walks.

But for now I need some good walking shoes. But when I shop online I see several categories: Running, training, etc. So what kind of shoes would be best?

Thanks



Answer
There is no one best shoe for all walkers. The best shoe for you is the the one that fits you best, the one that gives you the proper support, flexibility, cushioning, and compensates for any stride problems you may have, such as overpronation. Each person's feet are different.

Essential Walking Shoe Qualities:

Flexible: You must be able to bend and twist the shoes. When you take a walking step, your foot will flex as you roll through a step from heel to toe. If the shoe is too stiff, your foot will fight it with each step.
Flat: Walking shoes should have a relatively flat heel.
Heel Not Flared: Since walkers strike with the heel first, you do not want a big flared heel. In fact, a slightly undercut heel is preferred.

Oh, and here are some WALKING SHOES you might wanna look at...
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A679303011

Is it time to trade in my running shoes?




Jessica B


I bought shoes for overpronation from a running store, its been about 6 months and I only run about twice-three times a week on average but my posterior shin splints are coming back. Does that mean my shoes are worn out or something else?


Answer
yes. the shoes specifically for running fit your foot and walking type. you are supposed to buy new ones every 6 months because the support wears off




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What type of shoes do I need for walking?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment