Thursday, December 5, 2013

Where can I get good running clothes that will help me motivate myself to run?

best running shoe deals online
 on Running Shoes @ 2414 : Flipkart | Online Shopping Deals Forum | Best ...
best running shoe deals online image



Live2Run


I feel that whenever I get a new shirt or running pants, I really want to get out of the house and just run. I like the Nike shirts, but they cost a lot.
Any stores you know where I can get good running clothes at fair prices?

Thanks ahead! :)



Answer
Most of my running clothes are Nike, although a few are other brands.
I love Nike and I think they feel [and look] the best for me.

I agree though, they are wayy too expensive, which is why I shop at a Nike outlet/clearance store. It's about 40 minutes away from my house but it's SO worth the drive. They have amazing deals there.

I got really nice pants there, that originally would be $70, but I only paid $30. Same with the shirts, socks, shoes, sweatshirts.. everything is cheaper! I love it so much. I also got shoes from there which were originally $100 but were $70 at the clearance store. And I got a bunch of shirts.

It's worth looking around and seeing if they're any around you. Search online & see.. Nike has quality workout clothes and they're my favorite brand by far. They also last longer than Walmart or Target brands do.

Typically, how long will it take to train specifically for a half marathon?




Iamhere


I have been running for a year now and I run about 15-20 miles a week. My longest runs are 5-7 miles usually. I've done 5K races but not done 10K races of a half. I want to do a half exactly 3 months from now(12 weeks). My goal is to finish it without too much pain/discomfort.
Also, it is the dead of winter here in NY, so I'm worried that snow/ice days might ruin training.

Should I sign-up for one? Any tips on training?



Answer
With your current abilities, 3 months should be plenty of time. You could probably run/walk a half marathon right now, but it wouldn't be especially comfortable.

Find a good training schedule online, one that fits your time frame and experience level as a runner. The ones on www.runnersworld.com are pretty good, and there are several to choose from. You'll want one that has you running at least 4, if not 5, days per week.

You just have to deal with winter weather. Dress in layers accordingly, and get out there and do it. If footing is potential issue, they make things you can slip over your running shoes to provide extra traction that are pretty cheap and work well. Missing a few workouts for weather isn't going to derail your training badly.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where can I get good running clothes that will help me motivate myself to run?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment