Sunday, August 18, 2013

Can cross country running shoes be worn on normal roads for long mileage?

best running shoes joints
 on Asics Running Shoes Women Gel
best running shoes joints image



Kima


I have a comfortable pair of Asics cross country spike sneakers. I'm curious how it would hold up to running on the road for long mileage . I've only run in normal running shoes on the road. Has anyone done long mileage with spikes on the road or ran a half-marathon or marathon in them? Is it like wearing normal running shoes? anything to be aware of? are feet any more or less susceptible to injury?


Answer
Do you mean racing flats/spikes? You really shouldn't wear them for anything but a race. For one, the actual metal spikes are going to be very uncomfortable if you are using them on asphalt. They are meant for dirt and grass. For another, they do NOT have enough support for your feet. Racing shoes are light and have little cushioning to make you faster. If you wear them regularly on long runs, you WILL get hurt. It's bad for your feet and joints! People in marathons or half-marathons usually wear regular running shoes because spikes really don't help a whole lot at that distance. Please, please wear your normal running shoes.

What are some super supportive running shoes?




Harry


Since may I've been running. I run about 3 miles a day since I've started....
I've always wondered why I'm nearly dying at the end of my run and I think it's because I have cheap running shoes with no support. My joints are always hurting so bad so it's very painful to run!! :( at first I thought I might be growing because I'm 14 and haven't had a growth spurt in a while but the other day I ran with my friends shoes and that was soo much fun to run ( my joints didnt hurt) and I ran a 10k!! So what are some awesome woman's running shoes that will give me me plenty of support and comfort while running? ( any price and any brand ) thank you!!!!
Oh and I want some that will last me at least a year!



Answer
Brooks Adrenaline
Brooks Beast
Nike LunarGlide
Asics Gel Evolution
Saucony Stabil
New Balance 587

Try each of them on and go with the one that feels most comfortable




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can cross country running shoes be worn on normal roads for long mileage?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment