Sunday, August 18, 2013

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

new balance running shoes men
 on wish list shoes accessories women s shoes men s shoes kids shoes
new balance running shoes men image



Gnu Diddy!


How many would you consider "a lot"? For a man? For a woman?

I know the stereotype is that women hoard shoes.

Does a man owning a lot of shoes seem "un-manly"?

For the record, I own:
1 pair black opera slippers, for wearing with my tuxedo and my midnight blue serge double-breasted
1 pair hand-made black wingtips
1 pair Cordovan wingtips
1. pair hand-made black cap toe Oxfords
2 pairs New Balance running shoes
1 pair New Balance walking shoes in black leather, dressy enough for slacks
1 pair Birkenstock sandals in chocolate brown
1 pair Propet sandals in navy
1 pair navy nubuck bedroom slippers
1 pair navy canvas upper boat shoes

10 pairs

I'd probably own more, but I wear 14 DDDD (actually 13 DDDDDD is a better fit but harder to find) so I often need to get shoes hand made and they're hard to find.
Good catch, Aussie!
Re: disposable income. My oldest shoes are nine years old and my newest (new pair of canvas boat shoes) are a year old (canvas shoes wear out sooner). I buy sturdy shoes, never wear them two days in a row, and take good care of them. That's cheaper in the long run.



Answer
I own about 70 pairs of shoes. I would have more but I gave some away and threw away some that were old and worn.

1 pair of knee-high stiletto dominatrix boots, several pairs of strappy sandals, a few pairs of espadrilles, various styles of high heels (strappy, peep-toe, basic pump, kitten heel, maryjane, etc.), 3 pairs of tennis shoes (different colors), sling-back sneakers, mary-jane sneakers, 2 pairs of running shoes of different style and color, 10 pairs of high-heeled boots (mid-calf, knee-high) of different styles and colors, and so on and so on.

I'm not in a position to tell someone they have too many pairs of shoes. For me, it's an obsession...a fetish. And I am not ashamed! ;) Living up to the shoe fetish stereotype...guilty as charged!

For men, having a shoe for every occasion is nice. Having a shoe that goes with what you have in your wardrobe is nice. Depends on ones fashion sense and style. Having a shoe to match/compliment the outfit ties it all together very nicely. Depends on the guy really and what they do for a living and where they go to hang out/what hobbies they have.

Where can I find a pair of black size 13 men's running shoes?




absconder1


I am looking for a pair of black size 13 men's running shoes.
I am open to ordering online, but am not open to used shoes or auction sites.
I am open to trail or road running shoes or minimalist shoes.
I am open to any price range.
I am open to any brand, but would prefer New Balance, Asics, or Brooks.
Depending on the shoe, I may prefer some extra arch support but it is not a big deal.

Thanks for any help.



Answer
I would recommend Altra Instinct Black.

http://minimalistrunningshoes.org/altra-running-instinct-intuition-shoe-review




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment