Wednesday, December 11, 2013

How can I be pro-peta (animal activist) at 15?

best walking shoes consumer reports
 on Buy Ellipticals: Helpful information from Consumer Reports
best walking shoes consumer reports image



Ali


I know everyone is entitled to an opinion, but how can i actually show that I'm pro-peta when I don't have the money to buy their stuff?


Answer
Peta is a ridiculous organization.
Animal lovers worldwide now have access to more than a decadeâs worth of proof that People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) kills thousands of defenseless pets at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. Since 1998, PETA has opted to âput downâ 21,339 adoptable dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens instead of finding homes for them.

PETAâs âAnimal Recordâ report for 2008, filed with the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, shows that the animal rights group killed 95 percent of the dogs and cats in its care last year. During all of 2008, PETA found adoptive homes for just seven pets.
Just seven animals -- out of the 2,216 it took in. PETA just broke its own record.
Why would an animal rights group secretly kill animals at its headquarters? PETAâs continued silence on the matter makes it hard to say for sure. But from a cost-saving standpoint, PETAâs hypocrisy isnât difficult to understand: Killing adoptable cats and dogs â and storing the bodies in a walk-in freezer until they can be cremated â requires far less money and effort than caring for the pets until they are adopted.

PETA has a $32 million annual budget. But instead of investing in the lives of the thousands of flesh and blood creatures in its care, the group spends millions on media campaigns telling Americans that eating meat, drinking milk, fishing, hunting, wearing leather shoes, and benefiting from medical research performed on lab rats are all âunethical.â

The bottom line: PETAâs leaders care more about cutting into their advertising budget than finding homes for the nearly six pets they kill on average, every single day.

I get terrible shin splints when I run. Would inserts help?




Not quite


I don't want to pay loads of money for the custom orthotics though. Are there inserts you can buy at like Fleet Feet or Dick Pond?


Answer
Inserts... hmmm... there are sports medicine doctors that work with this kind of stuff every day. I like the trainers at the local colleges. Maybe drop in and ask for advice. I never liked Dr. Sholls (I think that is how it is spelled) inserts.

Shin splints is one of those things that has so many causes;
poor shoe selection, running on hard surfaces like concrete, and even your running form.

Shoe selection... I say read the consumer reports to get the best shoe for the least amount of money. I personally like newballance and I personally have never found a pair of nikes that I liked. Shoes have to be not just comfortable, but very comfortable before you purchase them. I also like to wear thick, athletic socks.

Shoe construction caused my problem many years ago. There were metal pieces in my shoes holding them together. This also caused me to get an infection in my lymph system as well. If you are going to run, shoes are not something you can go cheap on. You owe it to yourself, when you set your mind to doing something, to do it 100% right. Also, talk to the trainers at your local colleges because they have to assist the injured and know the shoes to steer you towards and to avoid.

Running surfaces. Softer ones will help, but you now need to look out for gopher/snake holes, rocks and other such things which could cause even more severe problems. I found asphalt is softer and more forgiving than concrete.

Are you walking 1/4 to 1/2 the distance you ran before ending your workout? Are you properly cooling down? I do not believe nor do I think it would be a good thing to ice down your leg(s) after a run because it would constrict the blood flow when your affected region needs it the most.

Another thing that help me with my shin splints was modifying my form. I was running all messed up and I could not keep up the beatings I was taking. A running class at a junior college could get some excellent coaching with a very small cost.

One more thing... are you working repititions when doing your leg exercises as well; Leg extensions and curls, lunges, and etc...? I always believed it is really important to build muscle mass in the area where there is an injury.

Good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I be pro-peta (animal activist) at 15?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment