Wednesday, December 11, 2013

How to become a better runner?

best 0 drop running shoes
 on Saucony Hattori  Zero-Drop, Ultra Lightweight and Extremely Durable ...
best 0 drop running shoes image



Michael M.


I'm 13 and I enjoy running. I do track, soccer, and swimming. Any tips on how to become a really good runner? I wanna kick butt next track season! I also weight lift. I'm a sprinter but I don't like to practice sprinting lol. Running long distance is more preferred. Thanks!


Answer
The only way you can get better at running is by running. My advice (seeing how you seem to already know the basics of a proper running form) Is to start running bare foot. This will improve your form because the foot is able to work the way it was designed to and is not held back by the design of your shoes. Then when it comes time to get new shoes for track, make sure the shoes are comfortable, light, and don't have a very large heel. (i prefer 0-drop shoes -see source for details - for trail runs or as training shoes but since your a sprinter you will need to eventually get a good pair of spikes.) Also cross country will improve your endurance which is a major need when running a 400 or more. Finally, try to do like a one drill a day type thing. tell your self your going to sprint 400m in this amount of time and keep trying to push yourself, but don't push yourself too hard. give your body time to relax and repair. well hope i helped. god bless!

What can i do to improve my vertical jump?




Jason


I know this has been asked to death but im curious because ive tried everything, I jumped rope, i do weighted jumping, explosion jumping, plyos, i eat right, and i exercise frequently but my vert stays the same at 20 inches( stand still not run ) i can dunk a basketball ( barley ) i wanted to be able to dunk it with more ease so i can do it in a season school game, im currently 6'3-6'4 ( no shoes ) 170 pounds and 13years old


Answer
there is a program called air attack that worked well for me, but i have to say...just dunking all of the time was the best workout for me. I found out squats will help you get your muscles used to jumping again (if you push up all the way until you're on your toes). Training your muscles for that action is the best way to jump higher though. Jump roping and all of that doesn't do much besides strengthen your muscles. Dunk a lot, do drop steps and just put the ball off of the backboard as high as you can, and throw the ball off the backboard to rebound it and jump as high as you can when rebounding it. I am 6'0" and 150 lbs....when I did this every day I could easily put the ball off the top square on the backboard and dunk over guys that were taller than me....but I played A LOT just practicing exploding as high as I could.

Definitely make sure and lift weights too. Stronger legs will make for a higher jump...once you train your muscles to jump. It doesn't matter how strong your legs are...you still need to train them to make that motion and to be powerful doing it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to become a better runner?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment