Friday, December 13, 2013

How do i start a running routine?, i'm out of shape?

ironman running shoes
 on Swiss Ironman K ONA Running Shoes Triathlon TRI Running | eBay
ironman running shoes image



AFwife


I'm a 24/f, i'm thin, but i'm trying to be more toned and healthy, i don't know how to start out a running routine, i joined a gym so i can use the equipment there, but i don't know how long to start or anything, any advice?


Answer
Welcome to the world of running. Enjoy your stay. You will like it. A year and nine months ago I was in your exact same spot. I joined the endurance sport training program Team In Training to train for the San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon. It was the best decision I ever made. TNT taught me the value of interval training You run for a set number of minutes, and then you take a one minute walk break, then repeat....again and again and again. Timex makes GREAT watches with interval timers. I recommend the Timex Ironman Triathalon. Since you are brand new to running, start with something that feels really easy to you. Try running for two minutes, and then taking a one minute walk break and repeating. Start out small. Run 3 miles. Starting out, it shouldn't feel difficult. You should be able to hold a conversation the entire time. If it is WAY too easy for you, increase your number of minutes running. Once you find an interval that gets your heart rate up (but doesn't leave you out of breath), then start increasing your mileage each week. Also, do five minutes of crunches every other day. It won't take long to increase your core strength. That will really benefit you once you start longer runs. Oh, and invest in a good pair of running shoes. Don't go to some bargain place. The wrong pair of shoes can make running agony. E-mail me if you need help with anything.

Question about transitioning between swimming and biking in a triathlon?




Ookami Kok


I'm not sure what kind of clothes I'm supposed to wear. I don't think I can manage to run without a sports bra/just in a swimsuit. Should I just slip on my sports bra over my swim suit?


Answer
I had to help my GF with this at her first race last year. I've competed in everything including IronMan so i've seen it all. Since it's your first race you probably don't want to spend $75 on a tri suit until you see if you even like the sport. But what you will need are small spandex bike shorts or even better, tri-shorts (which just means they have a smaller pad so they don't absorb water like a diaper). Wear these during your swim because if you don't you will have to put them on during the transition which will cost you time. Believe me you will be the only one on the beach without them if you don't wear them. You can buy a cheap pair on the internet for $20. As for the top just wear your sports bra swimming, if you don't wear it you will need to put it on anyway during the transition because you definately can't run without one. The only argument to you not wearing it during the swim is that it will create slightly more drag in the water than a swimsuit top will. But are you an Olympic swimmer that's gonna notice the 1 second difference? It's gonna take you longer than that to put it on in the transition station anyway. If you wanna really help save time buy elastic shoe laces. Everyone there with any experience will have them on. They'll save you a good 20 seconds not having to tie your laces. Again, you can order cheaply on the internet. I'm assuming it's just a sprint race so bring water, no need for gatorade or anything sticky.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do i start a running routine?, i'm out of shape?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment