Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I am 200 lbs and out of shape, how can I start running to get more fit?

best running shoes 200 lbs
 on What we have proposed will help to achieve great results. These cardio ...
best running shoes 200 lbs image



Steph


I am 200 lbs and out of shape. I used to play basketball in high school and hated running long distances even then, but I could. How can I learn to enjoy running? How can I start running so I can be able to jog long distances without killing over? I've got to do something to get in better shape! Also, what are some good running shoes?


Answer
Suggest you start out walking first. You won't hurt your knees or tire as easily. I walk to keep fit and limber as often as possible. Get good walking/running shoes (ask mr GOOGLE what brands of shoes are good for walking/running). Whether you walk or run, pace yourself (particularly useful if you want to burn the most calories), and breath evenly. Use good posture all the while and walk quickly. Walk at least 3x a week, at least 20 min each walk. If I were in a serious rush to lose weight though, I'd increase walking time and the days per week. It helps to get a pedometer to check the distance you walked. I like to count my steps but not everyone likes to do that and I must admit I often lose count but continue on walking with a simple 1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 in my head to pace each step evenly. If you feel like breaking into a run, by all means run a bit and when tired slow down to your paced walk.

Good luck with your fitness program.

Im a 300 lb male who is trying to lose weight but my lower back hurts after a quarter mile of running?




Nick


Hello. Since my high-school graduation in 2009, I have gained 100 pounds. I weighed 200 lbs then now I weigh 300 lbs. I said enough is enough and signed up for two 5K runs in April. I have started training for them this week.

Every time I start running at the local park, my lower back starts hurting really bad. I have never had back problems before so im guessing its a muscle weakness issue. There is a lot of "baggage" on my core and it seems like the muscles arent strong enough to carry the weight when running.

How can a big guy like me strengthen his core? I do a brisk walk around the park (there is still a little pain when brisk walking, but not as much), since i cant run yet. I'm not giving up. Not this time.

I bought new running shoes, so the shoes arent the problem.



Answer
One of the main things about running is having a good core, this also makes you run faster, stronger and helps reduces injury.
For core work you can do things like, planks, sit ups, push ups, backwards bridge, etc.
doing weights is also a good way to get rid of any excess weight so it will be easier for your body to carry you around whilst running!
Also look at your eating plan as eating healthier can mean you can loose extra unneeded pounds and makes running easier and puts less pressure on your back!

Cheers Scout! :) Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I am 200 lbs and out of shape, how can I start running to get more fit?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment